4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Light bars what to get and how to mount

Old 02-06-2016, 11:49 AM
NMRam
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Light bars what to get and how to mount

I am looking into getting a light bar for off roading on the beach. I want a bright set to light up the night while driving on the beach and to light up the surf while kayaking out baits.

1. Where to mount. I was thinking bumper, I am kind off opposed to mounting on top of the cab as I have kayaks up there, but I am not convinced one way or the other.
2. What brand? 2K for Rigid seems steep yet 100 for others don't seem like they would last. Could I just mount a cheap one temporarily for my week and a half trips and then take it off? Would the cheapos last that way?
If I do get a Rigid how do I secure it so that it does not get stolen?
3. How big is big enough? Do I need the 50" or is 20" enough?
4. Is rounded a must have?

Any thoughts are appreciated. Pictures are appreciated also.

Old 02-06-2016, 09:12 PM
NMRam
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have looked at my bumper and I am running out of ideas where to mount. I don't want to mount above the windshield as I have heard there is a whistling noise due to the air passing over.

My all stainless steel bumper does not have the places to mount inside of the bumper.

Can the light bars be mounted on top of the bumper?

Old 03-10-2016, 01:32 AM
duke07
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In between the tow hooks in the front bumper is a good location for your LED bar. You might need 20" or 24" light bar. You can also install a bull bar then mount your light bar on it. Try to visit-- http://4wheelonline.com/led-light-bars.248617. They have other brands aside from Rigids.

Last edited by duke07; 03-10-2016 at 05:56 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Light bars what to get and how to mount