4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tailgate actuator

Old 02-13-2016, 07:35 PM
bluebeast1562
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tailgate actuator

Greetings again,
Today, was out and about and noticed that when I went to unlock the doors and tailgate (with fob and inside cab) the tailgate actuator sounded like a gear was "stripped" and would not unlock. I can unlock the tailgate with the key. Have a request into dealership for assistance, still under warranty until May for 3yr/36,000 bumper to bumper.

I did remove the cap to see inside the tailgate, can lock with the fob but no go on unlock. Everything looked good, first time for this issue. Any others have same?
Thanks,

Old 02-16-2016, 07:52 AM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluebeast1562
Greetings again,
Today, was out and about and noticed that when I went to unlock the doors and tailgate (with fob and inside cab) the tailgate actuator sounded like a gear was "stripped" and would not unlock. I can unlock the tailgate with the key. Have a request into dealership for assistance, still under warranty until May for 3yr/36,000 bumper to bumper.

I did remove the cap to see inside the tailgate, can lock with the fob but no go on unlock. Everything looked good, first time for this issue. Any others have same?
Thanks,

I've actually got the opposite problem on my 09. Locks/unlocks fine with the power locks but can barely turn with the key.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tailgate actuator