4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Windshield Washer Nozzle Relocation Project

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 08:41 PM
MonsterRam1500
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Washer Nozzle Relocation Project

I own a 2012 Ram 1500 and I recently got the truck painted. I had an aftermarket hood installed with functional hood scoops.

You will notice I don't have the washer spray nozzles reinstalled due to the hood being fiberglass and the body shop letting me know it might crack if they drill holes.

Now the body shop informed me that they make relocation kits for the washer spray nozzles, I didn't think much of it and figured they make a universal kit I can work with. Well the universal kit is complete crap and I will be honest don't buy it. These are the parts I bought. You will need some 3m tape, hose to extend the existing washer hoses, you will need 2 packets of 7/32in hoses, 1/4 x 1/4 x 1/4 Y-fitting, or you can use a T-fitting doesn't matter, The straight 1/4 x 1/4 was just for me to test one spray nozzle to see how it works, The spary nozzles are from Autozone and their part number is 924-543. Its the closest thing I could find to what I wanted. It sprays out of the bottem and out of the side. You will also need small black thin zip ties.

These are the parts you will need take note you will need another 7/32in hose only one per bag, and something I don't have here is you will need small thin black zip ties.

The washer nozzles are clip on's. You open the top and then clip it onto the wiper arm. These fit the dodge wiper arms perfect. As you can see from the picture I mounted it on the downward angled part of the wiper arm because the front sprayer will shoot the washer fluid off the truck and not on the windshield. I ran the hose under the wiper arm and used the 3m tape along with one zip-tie to secure it.

The hose runs next to and then under the arm and is held with the 3m tape along with a zip-tie to secure it.

I ran the hose through the opening for the wiper arms and out of the way of the wiper linkage. I then drilled 2 holes in the wiper cowl to bring the hoses thru to connect to the Y-Fitting.

Running both hoses under the cowl makes for a cleaner look.

I drilled the first hole for the left wiper arm washer hose. This is where the Y-fitting comes into play.

I would have use the mounting brackets that the old hose runs thru, but the hose I bought is bigger than the plastic ones that normally go through it.

Here are some pics of what it looks like from inside of the truck, to be honest I don't even notice them or the zip-ties.

Wife taking the pics from the passenger seat

They work just as good as the stock ones.

Old 08-12-2016, 11:35 AM
Arctodus
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice write-up, btw, that is one Sweet looking hood.

Old 08-13-2016, 05:46 PM
MonsterRam1500
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. I will be honest Don't do fiber glass hood unless your prepared to spend some money. Lucky enough the body shop guy didn't hold me responsible for the hood since it came from another shop he does business with and knows he doesn't work on fiber glass.

Quick Reply: Windshield Washer Nozzle Relocation Project