4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Laramie heated and cooled seats in a base model Ram

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 04:15 PM
kevinf818
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laramie heated and cooled seats in a base model Ram

Hello i am new to the forums and i am trying to install 2014 dodge ram Laramie heated and cooled seats in a 2012 dodge ram 2500. the seats in the truck are non power non heated. i know i need the switch and the ecm flashed to make them work. the wiring harness for the switch is just behind the radio bezel. the seating module is mounted on the seat and the part number is Continental P68058083AI and the other one says MSM P05026618AE

can you point me to the correct wiring harness i would need to purchase the correct wires i need to splice[if needed] or if i need to purchase any modules because they are incompatible with a wiring harness with wiring harnesses?

any pictures of 2012 and 2014 ram seat module wiring harnesses are definitely appreciated

if you're asking yes the juice is worth the squeeze

Thank You,
Kevin

Old 08-26-2016, 12:40 PM
kevinf818

ok i found the part numbers for the harnesses for under the seats and the modules are under the seats. i pulled back my dashboard to see if the wiring for the heated switch was there and it wasnt. can that part of the harness be purchased separately?

i really need pictures of a 2012 ram with heated seats and if possible pictures of how the seats connect to the dashboard and how the switch connects to the dash [eg where the harness comes from]

Old 12-30-2016, 08:41 AM
Johninfla

Hey Kevin,

Did you get this worked out? I am thinking of doing the same upgrade.

Thanks
John

Last edited by Johninfla; 12-30-2016 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Fix typo
Old 04-21-2023, 11:48 PM
Dennis Musgrove
Default have you found the dashboard harness you where talking about, I doing same conversion

Originally Posted by kevinf818
ok i found the part numbers for the harnesses for under the seats and the modules are under the seats. i pulled back my dashboard to see if the wiring for the heated switch was there and it wasnt. can that part of the harness be purchased separately?

i really need pictures of a 2012 ram with heated seats and if possible pictures of how the seats connect to the dashboard and how the switch connects to the dash [eg where the harness comes from]
Have you found the dashboard harness that goes from the center console to the dash, I doing the same thing to my truck adding seats and center console out of a 2014 Longhorn into a 2012 Ram SLT got the power seats to work just not the heated seats or memory or rear heated seats ???

Quick Reply: Laramie heated and cooled seats in a base model Ram