4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2011 2500 Cummins issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 09:59 PM
BaronAlm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 2500 Cummins issues

Hey guys,
Without going through numerous details, here's the chase.
I have had a death wobble in my rear end (2011 2500 Cummins) for a bit now. Got new tires through the dealership where I bought the truck and they placed 35" Federals on it. They aren't even to 20k on the tires. On my way home from work the front end began "jumping" and the steering wheel shaking randomly at 65mph. This was an acute onset. Got home and found this (In picture). The inside of the tires are caved. I usually keep an eye on them but never noticed this. All other tires are fine. I placed a Bilstien steering stabilizer/damper on there about 10k miles ago. The front tie rod has been replaced under recall and is fairly new. Integrity seems good.
Bearings? Ball joints? Alignment? Upper control arm?
Please, any help will be absolutely appreciated!
-Layn

The inside is dramatically caved.

Last edited by BaronAlm; 08-24-2016 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-25-2016, 07:05 PM
jjphurst
Rookie

Looks like a broken belt on the tire. I would take it to a tire shop and have them look at it or the stealership.

Old 08-25-2016, 10:24 PM
BaronAlm

Well Mr jjphurst, you know your @$&@! Haha Took it in today. That's exactly what they said. I actually went to different locations to find new tires (I'm dumping these!) and EVERY location told me that that is very common with Federals. One little shop actually showed me a huge pile of nothing but Federals with he same issue. Moral? Nobody buy Federals! Ever!
Thank you sir!

Quick Reply: 2011 2500 Cummins issues