4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2014 ram 1500 no start

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 09:20 PM
tlandrum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had no idea these newer truck were so touchy,had i known i would have let the dealer wire it. the wire i tapped was in the large plug in that sits low and to the left on the driver side. the exact wire i tapped into was the top left wire. its a red wire that had constant power

Old 02-17-2017, 10:59 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by tlandrum
i had no idea these newer truck were so touchy,had i known i would have let the dealer wire it. the wire i tapped was in the large plug in that sits low and to the left on the driver side. the exact wire i tapped into was the top left wire. its a red wire that had constant power

Haha, there are a billion wires, it's OK. They should have you an answer by now...UNLESS that dealer has a bunch of un-trained 20 somethings working there.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:01 AM
tlandrum

nope,still havent heard anything. pretty frustrating considering i have not made my second payment on this truck and am going to have a bill bigger than my years worth of payments just to get it running

Old 02-17-2017, 11:57 AM
TNtech
Dodge Forum Moderator

What city are you in?

Old 02-17-2017, 11:59 AM
tlandrum

trucks at secret city chrysler in oak ridge tn

Old 02-17-2017, 12:09 PM
TNtech
Dodge Forum Moderator

I'm a little too far away for you in Nashville.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:36 PM
tlandrum

just over 2 hrs from my place to nashville. id bring it there in a minute if i knew these folks were going to keep jerking around on it.

Old 02-18-2017, 02:17 PM
tlandrum

my truck has been sitting torn apart since tuesday so i figured they had a lot of hrs tied up in trying to fix it. wrong,,,, they have only worked on it for 4 hrs. it has been torn apart and sitting in a bay this hole time while they scratch there heads and walk around it waiting ,hoping, it would tell them what was wrong. so when i ask the service adviser,he tells me the tech is stumped and hopefully dodge can point it out for him. this is suppose to be their top guy,best "guru" mechanic. my thought is the answer to the problem doesnt come from osmosis. you actually have to be testing and tracing things out to find it. i somehow dont believe that he de-trimmed the truck and tested everything on it in 4 hrs. service adviser says the tipm seems to be working because it has power to a few things. from my reading the tipm can work in part or whole. why else would there be fixes for them with jumpers if it either works or doesnt work. my thinking is that since the power isnt coming from the tipm to the affected modules then that part of the tipm is bad. i told him if they havent come up with anything monday afternoon that i wanted the tipm pulled out and sent out to a place that can test it properly and fix whatever circuits are bad. if the tipm checks ok then they havent lost anything but some time ,that i will pay for anyway and it will eliminate it as the problem.

Old 02-18-2017, 03:53 PM
TNtech
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by tlandrum
my truck has been sitting torn apart since tuesday so i figured they had a lot of hrs tied up in trying to fix it. wrong,,,, they have only worked on it for 4 hrs. it has been torn apart and sitting in a bay this hole time while they scratch there heads and walk around it waiting ,hoping, it would tell them what was wrong. so when i ask the service adviser,he tells me the tech is stumped and hopefully dodge can point it out for him. this is suppose to be their top guy,best "guru" mechanic. my thought is the answer to the problem doesnt come from osmosis. you actually have to be testing and tracing things out to find it. i somehow dont believe that he de-trimmed the truck and tested everything on it in 4 hrs. service adviser says the tipm seems to be working because it has power to a few things. from my reading the tipm can work in part or whole. why else would there be fixes for them with jumpers if it either works or doesnt work. my thinking is that since the power isnt coming from the tipm to the affected modules then that part of the tipm is bad. i told him if they havent come up with anything monday afternoon that i wanted the tipm pulled out and sent out to a place that can test it properly and fix whatever circuits are bad. if the tipm checks ok then they havent lost anything but some time ,that i will pay for anyway and it will eliminate it as the problem.

Well, they can send me a scan report and a description if they want. All I do are things like this all day long. We have a huge amount of traffic flow through our lane every day. I know I can help get them farther along than they are.

Last edited by TNtech; 02-18-2017 at 06:40 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:16 PM
tlandrum

according to the dealer chrysler was no help and they still havent a clue whats wrong with my truck.

Quick Reply: 2014 ram 1500 no start