3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

CD stuck

Old 08-30-2006, 01:58 AM
savage25xtreme
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD stuck

How do you manually eject a CD from the stock head unit on an '05 dodge ram? my truck ate the CD and it wont play or eject....

Old 08-30-2006, 02:53 AM
arrowman
Professional
Default RE: CD stuck

If it's a single disc, there should still be a hole you can put a straightened paper clip in to manually trip the eject...
If it's a changer, or my memory has failed me and there's no hole, I have no clue... maybe disconnecting the head unit from standby power and reconnecting?

Old 08-30-2006, 01:38 PM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That,s what I'm thinking. Disconnect the negative of the battery for a minute, then reconnect.

The radio will go through a bunch of reseting itself. Maybe that will pop it out.

Old 08-30-2006, 01:52 PM
Limedust
Professional

I had this issue before and here is the response I got from the DCX tech. Note that when I arrived at the dealership, he hit the eject button and it had magically begun working again.

He said that there are sensors in the head unit used to determine if there is the possibility of condensation on a disc, and the unit won't eject the disc if it believes those conditions are true. This keeps the unit from damaging your CD's. Could be a faulty sensor. Try ejecting your disc at a later time and see if it works.

Old 08-30-2006, 06:04 PM
savage25xtreme
Rookie

well last night it wouldnt eject or play it...this morning it would play it but still not eject it....maybe when I go out after work it will eject it....Where is this hole for the paper clip...its not on the front of the head unit is it?

Old 08-30-2006, 06:07 PM
silverram99
Captain

Sometimes I have been able to carefully stick another CD in the slot and pry down while pushing the eject button. Might scratch both CDs but in the past it has worked for me.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:48 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned

Maybe disconnect the ACC fuse and turn the key to ON? Should reset the head unit without resetting everything else right? I'm not sure, but maybe?

Old 08-31-2006, 03:25 PM
savage25xtreme
Rookie

not sure what happened but I went out after work and it poped right out like normal...it works great with my other CDs maybe that one is slightly deformed or something....

Old 10-26-2008, 08:27 PM
fordguywithadodge
Default re:cd stuck

Mine did the same thing - ate it and kept it in its jaws for 3 days. I read this posting and went out to try a couple of the ideas but pressed the eject button first anyway and it spit it out at me like it tasted bad or was poisonous or something. I can't help but think the "sensing of moisture on the disc" is a load of crap. Most of the time it's dust and dirt that gets in these things and make them act up. I worked on the deck in a Chev cavalier once that did everything fine except eject the disc and it was because the flat cable inside the deck came disconnected on it's own but was touching just good enough to do all the other operations. Either way it's out now and I wil attempt to clean the head unit somehow before slipping another one into it - anyone have luck cleaning one of these a certain way or is there something I can go get that will clean it?????

Old 10-26-2008, 08:45 PM
WhiteBerry
Veteran

they have cd'a that have little brushes on it to clean the laser, never tried em... kinda gave up on cd's 4 years ago when i got my XM

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CD stuck