Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

99 stratus crankshaft position sensor

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 07:15 PM
crystal21
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 stratus crankshaft position sensor

Ok i hope someone can help me, I have to change the crankshaft position sensor in my 99 stratus, although in my book (Haynes) it shows a picture of the part, and it describes where it is, I cannot find it, i may be looking at the correct piece but do not want to unplug it and mess something else up. I am really irritated [:@] and do not want to pay someone to do it. Please help if you can. thanks

Old 11-05-2006, 10:19 PM
J Dogg
Default RE: 99 stratus crankshaft position sensor

I recently had the same problem, I also thought about doing it myself. When the thought occured to me, If I mess up something else it's going to cost me more $ money. So I decided to take it to the Dodge dealer, They fixed it in 3 hours and I only paid $375.00. But I'm riding and thats all that matters. By the way, Ihave a 2000 Stratus 2.4 Ltr.

Old 11-12-2006, 01:30 AM
hobie728
Default RE: 99 stratus crankshaft position sensor

Its actually pretty easy to change its located on the drivers side of the engine right above trans, easiest way i can think to find it is to look at the wires that plug into the distributor there are 2 plugs that go into a big wiring harness there will be a 3rd plug that runs straight down to the crank positioning sensor. hope this helps

Quick Reply: 99 stratus crankshaft position sensor