Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

chevy is nuts

Old 11-30-2006, 08:00 PM
topbanna3767
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chevy is nuts

was passing some time yesterday while wife was out with the kids so when to the area near me where all the dealers are ,started looking around obviously dodge,the saw the zo6 vette took a walk and had a deep laugh at chevys expense,sticker on the car was 78,990 and the dealer wanted 15,000 above sticker as a premium.all he kept saying was the car has 505 hp ,i laughed so loud i was almost asked to leave. i told the sales man for 93000 plus tax etc etc making the car 100000 dollars the car better have 700 plus .dont get me wrong the car was super hot looking but 100000 dollars is ridiculous.just for 505 hp shot the srt with a cam and a cai can make over 500 and still leave you 50000 dollars ahead of the game .holy cow i laughed.(actually i was asked to leave) in a nice way

Old 11-30-2006, 08:29 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: chevy is nuts

One of many reasons major investors are dumping GM stock..........

Dusty

Old 11-30-2006, 08:34 PM
clean_sx
Record Breaker

i have NO respect for the corvettes

Old 11-30-2006, 09:05 PM
BOBLOM
Professional

I guess he forgot about being bitten by the viper! Well if your pockets are that deep to buy it enjoy. I just want to see him cry like a BEICH when he is walking through a parking lot and a little old lady pushes her car and the wind sails it accross the lot into his 100,000 vet...... Im not a player hater, but those are the clowns who take 2 / 3 parking spots in the mall

Old 12-01-2006, 04:01 AM
RT 2 NV
Veteran

you are right. my friend owns a chevy dealer. "all my cars and trucks are dodge, he hates me " and he sold his special edition vet for $12 g's over the sticker. similar to what you saw. specail edition and it still only had the 505 horse. i have had chevy in the past and never been happy. 99 blazer , 04 trail blazer and 96 impala with the vet motor. i had almost everything go wrong with that car and i put all the origanal 60000 miles on it. wiper motor, window motor, water pump, new carpet, ripped leather, head gasket, breaks and rotors like crazy, headlights, ect list goes on. i paid full price for that car at the time in 96 and only got $10 g's for it with all new parts and the low miles. not wirth it at all. collector car my A**. i like my new family.

Old 12-01-2006, 05:20 AM
Daytona RT
Professional

Now let me ask.. and you answer honostly.. .

"If given a choice of a brand new unit for free, with a contract that says you had to use it as an everyday driver & could not sell or gift it for 6 years, which would you accept.. the loaded '07 Zo6 Corvette or the loaded '07 6.1 Charger SRT8?"

"And all the congregations goes Hmmmmm"

Old 12-01-2006, 10:27 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: Daytona RT

Now let me ask.. and you answer honostly.. .

"If given a choice of a brand new unit for free, with a contract that says you had to use it as an everyday driver & could not sell or gift it for 6 years, which would you accept.. the loaded '07 Zo6 Corvette or the loaded '07 6.1 Charger SRT8?"

"And all the congregations goes Hmmmmm"

The Z06, no question......

As for the pricing on the Corvette.....it's not like Dodge is any better when it comes to the Viper......so let's please keep that in mind. Also, the Corvette is borderline supercar performance. The Charger isnt even in the same class......

Oh, and one last thing.....I'd like to see you get 20+mpg average in your 500+hp Charger.....oh wait....the SRT-8 has to deal with the gas guzzler tax....my bad

Old 12-01-2006, 11:15 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

I left this thread alone but I agree, Z06.

By the time a Charger is running close to Z06, add up the price w/mods. I say “running close” because I agree the Charger can’t really be compared; weight alone separates them much less aerodynamics. When you start comparing top end performance cars the Vet is at the low end of that spectrum at cheap price point.

By no means do I want a Vet and it would be nice to run with them but I have to give the Vet props that are due.

Old 12-01-2006, 12:02 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: MangoInTX

I left this thread alone but I agree, Z06.

By the time a Charger is running close to Z06, add up the price w/mods. I say “running close” because I agree the Charger can’t really be compared; weight alone separates them much less aerodynamics. When you start comparing top end performance cars the Vet is at the low end of that spectrum at cheap price point.

By no means do I want a Vet and it would be nice to run with them but I have to give the Vet props that are due.
Very well said Mango....I couldnt agree more....

Don't get me wrong, the LX cars are awesome performance sedans and they are capable of great power, but we're comparing apples to oranges.....and to be fair....the whole mod this/mod that arguement is moot....because you can mod a 12k car and be faster then some of these super muscle cars....

Old 12-01-2006, 04:43 PM
topbanna3767
Captain

not a fair comparison for car to car comparison it would have to be viper or z06 would be better comparison not the srt to the z06 .and to be honest i think i would go with the srt8 .better to upgrade the srt and much better comuter car and you can fit more then 2 people .but again the better comparison would be the viper to the z06.and with that i would take the viper hands down

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: chevy is nuts