3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Air Bag Light on Dash

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 09:46 AM
sdsdsd
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Bag Light on Dash

2005 Quad Cab V8 Magnum 4X4 The air bag light stays on at times and will not shut off . The next time I start the truck it may or may not go out. I have had it at the Dealer in the past for the same problem about 6 months ago. They replaced the instrument cluster. The problem went away for 6 months, any thoughts?

Old 12-08-2006, 10:47 AM
ezegoin
Default RE: Air Bag Light on Dash

Is it the airbag light on the instrument cluster or above the radio? I had the airbag light on the instrument cluster come on randomly last year. The dealer had to replace the a module for the airbag system. This module was losing comms with the rest of the truck. I had it replaced almost a year ago and haven't had any problems since then. You might want to find out if they replaced the module with the original design or the redesigned one. (They put the redesigned one in my truck.)

FYI, if they replace the module again with the latest design and run into problems with it working ie. they say they got a bad replacement module, let them know that there are special instructions for installing the redesigned module. The service guy actually read the directions when the 2nd replacement module was "bad".

Hope this helps you.

Old 12-08-2006, 06:51 PM
cody kid

Are you carrying anything heavy on the passenger seat? Almost anything over 10# will turn on the light if the seat belt is not latched to the door post seat belt section. Try latching together. Also, remove the negative battery cable for about 30 seconds to reset the disputer. May solve the problem.

Old 12-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

If it is under warranty, take it to the dealer. The last thing you want to do is screw around with the SRS system. Let them have to deal with it and have them pay for your rental truck in the meantime!

Just my $.02

Old 12-08-2006, 08:10 PM
Drakkon
Professional

i had this prob with the intrument panel. of course every time i took it to dealer it would go away and they never could diagnose it or do anything. now that its cooled off i havent seen it...seemed to occur more often when its really hot out (i mean here in AZ it gets to 120+ outside so can only imagine what it gets inside).

Old 12-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Blu_Dak
Veteran

I could be wrong but when the 3rd Gens first came out there were some quick bugs,for example the drivers side a/b light,I thought that when the clock spring in the steering wheel located between the steering wheel & the colum "broke or became lose"it would lose connection and in return cause this & other minor problems example radio controles(one's equiped w/ them on the steering wheel)cruise functions,& in you case A/B light.

I also belive there are Guys here on this site & other one's who had this minnor problem,they claimed that there was a creacking in the steering wheel when turning in either direction & some even stated hearing a quick snap & from that momment on there light would permanatly stay on.

I don't know if any of these symtems apply to you but I remember reading these similar problems.

Reguards.

Blu_

Old 12-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Raddie

i had the same problem. but with my passenger airbag light too. i took it to the dealer and they just had to re-calibrate the airbag sensors(takes about 20 min). if ur still under waranty its free, if not its like 59 bucks

Old 12-10-2006, 03:45 PM
sdsdsd
Captain

Thanks everyone I will see what dealer lies about it .

Old 12-12-2006, 03:00 AM
butchowens

I think I know what your problem is. I had this happen a couple of times recently. Make sure that nothing is pushing on the back of either seat. It will cause this light to come on.

Old 10-01-2009, 04:19 PM
hellslinger
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have had this problem for several months. Finally found this thread, so I went out to my truck, straightened out the seat-cover straps, messed with the seatbelt buckles on both sides and middle, rearranged the toolboxes behind the seat, and no more airbag light on dashboard when the truck is running. Problem solved.

Considering how many people might be having the same problem, it would be nice if the manual outlined possible triggers for this warning light. It would seem that this is especially important when dealing with passenger safety.

The following users liked this post:
Marvlarv (11-07-2022)

Quick Reply: Air Bag Light on Dash