2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

wiring diagram -wiper motor

Old 12-27-2006, 01:43 AM
kayakman
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring diagram -wiper motor

Hi everybody, hope you had a great Christmas. I couple of days ago I installed a new (rebuilt) wiper motor in my 98 ram. It worked great for 2 days and then it quit.

Do you Know where (on line) or if you could send me a wiring diagram of the wiper in a 98 dodge ram quad cab.

Thanks Kayakman

Old 12-27-2006, 02:26 PM
kayakman
Veteran
Default RE: wiring diagram -wiper motor

Update-----took the sucker apart again, which means wiper arms, cowling, wiper arm on motor, etc. Checked the fuse and the wiper relayunder the hood thats in the box next to batttery.When I turn the wipers on I can hear the relay clicking so I know I have power to the motor. Removed the rebuilt and tried the old motor anditworked to!?Reinstalled the rebuilt and it worked too!?

Checked power again - everything is great. Checked ground connection with a meter and that was ok.
Disconnected battery and open up the main electrical box next to the battery where there must be a couple hundred wires and check for loose or corroded connections, everthing checks out.

Put everything back togrther and it works fine---for now. Help! Whats going on!?

Old 12-28-2006, 10:40 PM
kayakman
Veteran

Well, It quit again. Drove to the dodge dealer and they took it apart again and when the mechanic tapped on the rebuilt wiper motor it started to work, tap again and it would quit. So I told him to put back my old one and i'm going into the auto part (carquest) store where I bought this piece of freshly painted crap and see if they will like the labour bill from the dodge dealer.
Plus my money back!!!
Wish me luck.

Old 12-29-2006, 04:07 PM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker

... ok ... best of luck.

Old 12-30-2006, 02:07 AM
kayakman
Veteran

Well I'm usually not like this ( you know, us easy going Canadians[sm=badbadbad.gif]) But I snapped. They ask me how I was. Thats all it took to set me off, I felt bad for the young guy behind the counter he and the rest took a lot of heat from me.
Got my money back, but not the labour from the dodge dealer and listen to this. Had to fill out a form to carquest, and they will havethe wiper motorsent out for testing to see if they can prove the the dodge dealer was lying.!???
I'll keep you informed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: wiring diagram -wiper motor