Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2000 dodge caravan 3.0L wont start

Old 02-03-2007, 12:09 PM
millingtonec
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 dodge caravan 3.0L wont start

Hey everyone,
I have a problem. My wifes 2000 caravan wont start. I checked fora spark and there was one. To me it sounds like its not getting any fuel. Is there a way to tell weather or not its frozen or the fuel pump is just shot? If so where is the fuel pump? again its a 2000 dodge caravan 3.0L any help would be great. Thank You

Old 02-03-2007, 11:41 PM
donyelo
Default RE: 2000 dodge caravan 3.0L wont start

Turn the key to on and if you are quiet you can usually hear the fuel pump come on for a second or so as it pressurizes the lines. It's a little hum in the back. Then check your trouble codes.

Old 02-04-2007, 12:08 AM
millingtonec

i had my wife turn on the van while i was under the fuel tank and there was no noise from the pump. what would you suggest? If it was frozen would you hear it?

Old 02-04-2007, 01:56 AM
donyelo

I would think that the engine would be running a little rough if you had enough water in the fuel to freeze a fuel pump. Check out the fuel pump relay. It is in the fuse box on the right side of the engine compartment. I'm not sure which it is on a 2000 but the owners manual should tell you. The cover should also. If you don't know how to troubleshoot the relay buy another and replace it. I don't think they are expensive.

The fuel pump on my 96 grand caravan is in the fuel tank. If you find the wires and the relay checks out see if you have voltage to the pump when you try to start it. I would think it would hum if it were good and getting voltage, frozen or not.

Old 02-04-2007, 02:09 AM
millingtonec

i have replaced the relay but still nothing. i have checked the spark plug cables and they are all getting spark. i have been told that there is a seperate sensor in the distributor that controlls the pump would that have any effect on the plugs as well?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2000 dodge caravan 3.0L wont start