2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

No volume on radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 02:25 PM
viclye
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No volume on radio

On my way out of the house, turned the radio on and could only move the volume from 0 to 1. I tried turning the radio off and on maybe to reset the radio but nothing. So I went straight to the dealer for them to check it out. After about 20 minutes, they said everything was working normal. They hooked the Durango to the computer to make sure everything was working fine, drove it around the block and everything was normal. I guess shutting off the ignition and restarting the Durango reset the radio. But the dealer said if it happens again to bring it back. So if this happens to you, do not turn the Durango off so the dealer can see the problem. Just FYI...

Old 03-10-2007, 06:43 PM
VADurango
Default RE: No volume on radio

I have the same problem about every 2 months on my 2004 Durango 5.7LHEMI. After starting up, the radio is on and working, but only has a sound level of 1 and will not increase. Radio, DVD, CD all function in a muted mode, but without the mute button being on. Only shutting off the vehicle, waiting 1-2 minutes, and then restarting seems to clear the problem and then it works fine. The dealer had never heard of this problem, and I've not been able to get the truck there while it actually occured.

Does anyone know what would cause this strange radio behavior? Or, how to get the radio to function normally, without turning off the truck? I love the SUV but this is really annoying.

Old 03-10-2007, 08:02 PM
dockrocker

We're on our second In****i stereo in the wife's 04 Limited. First one quit randomly, the second now is playing a similar game. Unit powers on, you can switch stations, mode, etc, but no sound. It does not display "muted", you can turn the volume up and watch the pretty bars stack up across the display, but absolutely nada out of the speakers. Just for variety, it will occasionally start working at some random time.

I'm about ready to trash the whole thing and go aftermarket.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:09 AM
pgtek
Professional

Hi guys
They replace twice my radio beacause of the cd player in my 2004.
I found out they replace with refurbish radio the first time but the second was new from 2006
If you look inside your fuse box under the hood the last on looking from the front open it there a dual fuse green color fuse and black block, inplug it for 3 minutes it resets all the radio.
hope this helps

Quick Reply: No volume on radio