1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

1992 lil red express dakota

Old 12-27-2004, 05:03 PM
fubar352000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 lil red express dakota

1992 dodge dakota lil red express #5. looking for information on other owners or market value on them.

Old 01-14-2005, 02:02 PM
hwystar
Default RE: 1992 lil red express dakota

hi there
I have seen only one of these trucks before and was wondering if it was a dealer option or an add on kit. If it is a kit do you know where a person could find the dealer for it. I would like to build something similar but not a lil red.

Old 01-22-2005, 01:39 AM
lilreddakota
Rookie

lil red dakota built from 90-92 by LER industries.was complete conversion or could by bed only. also built a warrior to copy warlock of old. check out tomcat's lil red dakota page on dakota web ring for pics and info.has magazine article on site as well with my 90 lil red dakota in it. one question .... how do you know yours is #5? have no #s on mine

Old 04-16-2005, 04:59 PM
Nick200788

Is that kit still avaible

Old 04-28-2005, 11:45 PM
lilreddakota
Rookie

sorry for slow response........dial up makes computer the enemy[:@] called the phone # from article and was told company was bought out and no information on LRD or warrior was included and former owner was into another line of business....not sure what that meant, took it to mean they didn't have interest in looking or tossed out info when purchase made. I would hope that this info is still out there somewhere

Last edited by lilreddakota; 09-25-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:54 PM
tomcat318

Hi guys,

Just a wee bit late getting registered in here.

With my truck, I got a small metal plate engraved with "lil Red Express Dakota #4". The plate was supposed to be afixed to the dash between the cup holder & passenger air vent, but I was actually able to catch them b4 they installed it and I keep it in a baggie in the ashtray so it doesn't get damaged.

I've seen a few of the trucks on my production run in my area, including truck #1, and #15.

l8r

Tomcat

Old 06-03-2006, 02:00 AM
Sneezer
Professional

LER made the conversion kit. These trucks were sold direct through Dodge dealers. They were supposed to be 90-91 only, but LER still had some left over under their contract with Dodge, so they continued into 92, but only a very limited number. The 92 spec are the most rare of them all, and more desirable since they are the only ones available with the magnum engines. LER has since gone out of business/bought out.

Old 10-19-2006, 09:08 AM
LRD17

My 92 LRD is #17, I have no badge to tell me this but through the dealer my truck was purchased new from, I was told it was built in Pankda Alberta. So I called up Wilder Motors to verify this and was told that YES, I did own #17 of (38) built at there dealership. I was also told that the box alone w/o paint was $5000, from the states and that the company was out of business. About 4 years ago #21 was for sale up in Fort MacMurry, I got there too late , it was on it's way out East. I aquired my truck 10 years ago and was indirectly offered $25,000. Since then it has had the stacks plumbed, MP computer,KnN, spring clamps(to get rid of that nasty wheel hop),and at the track I run Sunoco fule. Best time ran so far is a 14.9 on street tires,not to much traction.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:45 AM
dakotaexpress

Well heres a first post for me Shall we enter the Dakota Warrior Zone .... I have a Warrior or dakota Midnight Express complete with the wood door panels inserts and the step side bed... But alas I would say this is my least interesting project but ?I would love to share any info with those who are in the know on production numbers... Tom

Old 04-14-2009, 01:59 PM
2sly4u
Talking Re 92 lil red express dakote

Mine is # 29 and is Mounted where it was supposed to be.It came with the step side box with the stacks and decal kit.In Fact when i purchased it the Owner offered to hook the stacks up FREE of charge. I just Pulled it back into the driveway about half hr ago.Unfortunatly My wife Did not like the way it looked so it was turned into a truck with a cap to match.I know I know i did what.... well I didn't ,the dealer did.Now that i have it she wishes it was all back to stock.she keeps saying she would like to call pimp my ride and Have it redone for me. But they do not have that HERE in Canada > I bought this truck Brand new when I was a kid.and to this day it is my PRIDE and JOY. I talked to the local body shop and they are asking WAY to much to have it redone the money that was spent On my Wifes 300M was the money I was going to use to put my Truck back the way it was. Can a Guy Ever get a break ??? I miss it so. And does it BOOGIE 5.2 Litre fully loaded.I did put a Clarion System in it but still have the old deck to put back in I was very Picky when the installer was putting it in. I WAS THERE :P DON't Fool With Darc's Truck. btw If I can be of any help to other owners out there i would be more than happy to chat. I have not ever seen any others around, made me wonder. This Truck deserves to be Put back to the way it was . Ok I am going to the shop for a ride and to wash the dust off and fill her with Premium.Oh for other owners " did u all no there was a Update for the Tranmisson ?? mine was done and Breaks loose in second gear. oretty neat to see that lil bugger smoke both wheels and go sideways which never gets done Much :P only for the Non believers.My 4x4 sports Car...... I LOVE MY TRUCK !!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1992 lil red express dakota