Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

1999 Dodge Durango Infinity Amp Wiring

Old 03-22-2007, 11:24 PM
thermopylae_480
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Dodge Durango Infinity Amp Wiring

I need the wiring schematic for the Infinity amp in a 1999 Dodge Durango. Specifically the leads leaving the amp, and going to the doors. I can account for the +/- wires for the speakers, but there are four wires that I can't seem to figure out where they go. There is an antenna wire going into the amp but I do not know what happens to it once if arrives at the amp. I assume one of the four wires I can't account for leaving the amp corresponds to the antenna in some way. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-23-2007, 12:22 AM
rtkota5point9
All Star
Default RE: 1999 Dodge Durang Infinity Amp Wiring

Besides the speaker wires, In connector #1 there are 2 seperate grounds (pins 7&8). and 2 Constant (+) fusedpower wires (pins 1&2) That's it. I think

Old 03-23-2007, 07:05 PM
thermopylae_480
Default RE: 1999 Dodge Durango Infinity Amp Wiring

Ok. I figured out which speakers four of the eight wires belong to, but I can't figure out the others. They are one color going to the amp, when they leave the amp they become a different color, then when they arrive at the two back doors again, they are the same colors as they were when they left the radio.

The wires I can't figure out when they are leaving the amp are white with a black strip, and white with a red stripe, and tan with a green stripe and tan with a purple stripe. I don't know which of these are positive and negative, and which door they belong to.

I wish I could assume with the white wire that red is positive, but I found that in one of the doors, the wire with the black strip is positve, while the wire with the red is negative. So irritating.

Thanks for all the help.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:37 AM
rtkota5point9
All Star

Connector #1
Pin#:
1- Violet (12V fused constant)
2- Violet (12V fused constant)
3- Empty
4- Light Green/Violet (Left Front +)
5- Tan/Violet (Right Rear +)
6- White/Red (Left Rear +)
7- Black/Light Green (Ground)
8- Black/Light Green (Ground)
9- Empty
10- Light Blue/Dark Green (Right Front -)
11- Light Blue/Red (Right Front +)
12- Light Green/Dark Green (Left Front -)
13- Tan/Dark Green (Right Rear -)
14- White/Black (Left Rear -)

Pins are configured like this: If looking at the back of the plug where the wires enter:
6 5 4----321
141312 11 10 9 8 7

Old 03-24-2007, 12:44 AM
rtkota5point9
All Star

The fronts are the worst lol, the are one color leaving the radio, another color when they leave the amp, back to the color when they left the radio at a connector (kick panel), then back to the color when they left the amp at another connector (molex),before they get to the speaker! LOL What were they thinking?

Old 03-24-2007, 02:51 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: rtkota5point9

The fronts are the worst lol, the are one color leaving the radio, another color when they leave the amp, back to the color when they left the radio at a connector (kick panel), then back to the color when they left the amp at another connector (molex),before they get to the speaker! LOL What were they thinking?
That is one of the stupidest things ever............

Old 03-25-2007, 02:07 PM
thermopylae_480

Thank you so much, I've looked forever trying to find that information. I really appreciate the help. I'll remember your forums next time I have problems with this vehicle. You have been very helpful and friendly.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:20 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star

I even got wiring information from the dealership and some of it was wrong. I had to finally figure it out on my own. lol They WERE in the right place on the plug, but wrong colors. Not a biggy. I recently made a bypass harness for mine, so I was in the same boat you are, so it's not a problem at all. Glad I could help.

I take it you're making a bypass? Are you using an actual plug type harness? Or hard wiring? If you're using a plug, what did you use? I used a Subaru radio integration harness, like you'd use for an aftermarket radio. It fit the large plug exact, and it took a simple mod to make the same plug fit the small harness. So I just used 2 of them, and tied the coressponding wires together and it plugs right in.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:59 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

Ya on my friends eclipse with the infinity system, I got to figure out each wire by testing...took a bit, but I got it.

Old 07-16-2016, 05:17 PM
StarMan
Default hello i need some help

i just got an new pioneer avh-280bt Hu i have everything wiredup but the blue and white wire.. i hooked the radio and it truns on but i got no sound.... im trying to install on an 1999 dodge Durgano with Infinity Sound system in it.. i was wondering if i can use the blue/white wire to get sound and also how would i wire it in if it would help..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1999 Dodge Durango Infinity Amp Wiring