2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

abs and parking light comes on at 60mph

Old 04-05-2007, 03:59 AM
dragginaram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default abs and parking light comes on at 60mph

When i start my truck the abs and brake light are not on . But when i get up to 60 mph the lights come on. i had my front rotors and pads changed about three months ago and that is when it started. i took it back to the dealer and they said they didnt know what was wrong and wanted to charge me $80 per hr to try and figure it out. they said when they connected the computer to my truck it said the ecm and the brake controller were not communicating. i told them to shove it and am now goin to fix it myself. Any ideas?

Old 04-05-2007, 04:37 AM
Sinister
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: abs and parking light comes on at 60mph

read over this thread and see if there may be a fix for you.
https://dodgeforum.com/m_636341/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

funny thing is when it happened to me,. it finally just went away after a couple days, and i think a few flashes along the way to just get the truck to stfu.

Old 04-05-2007, 04:44 AM
xyzik
Rookie

I used to have this problem, my problem was that the brake light switch was not working properly. the brake light switch is located upwards the brake pedal, sometimes your brake lights are continuously on when you have this problem -meaning that the switch is not adjusted properly.

if your switch is just misadjusted try pushing your brake pedal down while pulling the plunger out of the switch then release your pedal back. Also the switch is not expensive to replace.

I hope this is just it, hope this helps a bit.

Edit: also your if your problem is the brake light switch then your cruise control sometimes does not work....

Old 04-06-2007, 01:56 AM
dragginaram

my cruise works fine so its not the brake switch. i was wondering if my truk does have front speed sensors. i dont know. its a 1999 ram 2500. not sure, but i think i am goin to change the rear speed sensor.

Old 04-06-2007, 03:26 AM
Sinister
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

be sure to post and say whether or not it helped you out.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:58 PM
014x459
Rookie

Does your truck have a speed sensor in the rear diff? I've heard of this problem only as certain speeds if that sensor is bad.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:26 PM
BostonRamGuy
Professional

Ive been having sort of the the same problem kinda, when I slow down (from about 70-65), or when I go up a hill, the "CHECK GAUGES" light comes on, the bell rings, then it goes away.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: abs and parking light comes on at 60mph