2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

battery died truck wont stay idle?

Old 04-22-2007, 01:49 AM
jesssed
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery died truck wont stay idle?

i left my headlights on and my truck died, now it starts but it wont stay running unless my foot is on the gas. it did this same thingbefore after i replaced the water pump a year ago. a mechanic i knew reset something in the engine compartment and it was fine after that. anyone know where that reset switch is? i gotta work tommorrow any help would be great, thanks.

jd

Old 04-22-2007, 02:55 AM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: battery died truck wont stay idle?

once the battery is back to normal it should return to normal, i know this because i have had the same prob. i thought was the Idle Air Control (IAC) basically the battery was too low to, i think, set the proper adjustment to make it idle, keep it running once it is recharched and cycled through a start or two it should come back to normal in no time tho, if anything after the battery is charged disc, the battery turn the key on for 30 sec and reconnect the battry that will reset it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: battery died truck wont stay idle?