Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

EMERGENCY: Disable Factory Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 11:31 PM
johnnyber
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EMERGENCY: Disable Factory Alarm

hello everyone, first post here.
i just got a 1995 dodge stratus for the winter, and i just found out that it has a factory alarm that i just set off. I locked the door with the power door lock inside, then i tried to open it with a key, and the horn went off and the lights started flashing. i pulled the fuse for the horn and the relay for the lights, but the car dies right after it starts. i dont have a key fob to turn the alarm off, so is there any other way to disable the alarm so i can maybe go somewhere? thanks in advance

Old 11-24-2005, 12:49 AM
johnnyber
Default RE: EMERGENCY: Disable Factory Alarm

i disconnected the battery for an hour, but it still shuts down right after it is started. i dont have a key fob. is there a wire that i can disconnect to disarm the alarm? i need a reply fast!!

Old 01-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Rick2485

This is a couple of months after your post, but maybe others could benefit.......

Had a similar issue with my daughters '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Was a $800 beat-a-car for a first time driver. Anyway, she could only unlock and enter through the passenger door, otherwise the factory anti-theft system kicked in. I called dealers to see how to disable and they all said not a DIY job. Needed to come in for new FOB and vehicle programming. To find the "black box" that controls teh system I first pulled the horn fuse and headlight fuse so I could take my time and not disturb the neighbors and run the battery down. Then I listened for the location of the clicking relay that controlled the horn and light flashers. Pulled enough of the passenger side dash apart to find the black box. It's attached by one screw and has a pretty standard looking wiring harness that just unpluge. HOWEVER, as I found the hard way, you have to disconnect[/color] the black box while the car is running. Test before you put it back together, go through a couple of cycles turning the car off and on and drive it for a few minutes before throwing it back together. If you disconnect the box while the car is not running, it will not restart until you plug the box back in.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:25 PM
spiderfan63

I just had the same thing happen to me... I electronically locked the car, went into a store, came out and tapped the back window for my son to unlock that door and the alarm went off... after 3 hours in the parking lot and several trips into the store to use their phone I finally got the solution.

The solution is very simple... relock the doors electronically and then use the key to unlock the driver side door. The alarm magically reset. Now I only have to figure out how to permanently disable the alarm so that I don't ever have to go through that ordeal again.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:06 PM
FastCab1

Originally Posted by spiderfan63
I just had the same thing happen to me... I electronically locked the car, went into a store, came out and tapped the back window for my son to unlock that door and the alarm went off... after 3 hours in the parking lot and several trips into the store to use their phone I finally got the solution.

The solution is very simple... relock the doors electronically and then use the key to unlock the driver side door. The alarm magically reset. Now I only have to figure out how to permanently disable the alarm so that I don't ever have to go through that ordeal again.
This post is is 5 years old. Today it helped me solve an issue with one of my cabbies, Thanks, if you see this.

Quick Reply: EMERGENCY: Disable Factory Alarm