Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Why did they stop making them...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 11:12 PM
99Ram4x4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why did they stop making them...

Here is my 01 Stratus R/T bought it with 100 miles on it in Mainz Germany. Unfortunately I totaled it in 05.
I loved this car.

Why did they stop making them in this set up.

[IMG]local://upfiles/60904/0D0E48A6B57841D89935F756CBB6514A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-30-2007, 11:41 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts
Default RE: Why did they stop making them...

Because they were not selling and chrysler also change the plantform to the JS body, Sebring and Avenger was brought back. Neon was replaced as well. Caliper.

Old 07-31-2007, 01:14 AM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

My bro has one just like that, except his is a sebring coupe (same thing) with chrome rims. It is a nice car, but you also have to remember that the R/T and the sebring coupe were built on a mitsubishi eclipse platform, so it wasnt going to last forever. Things change, all you can do is get another!

Old 07-31-2007, 07:55 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: Jr. Mechanic

My bro has one just like that, except his is a sebring coupe (same thing) with chrome rims. It is a nice car, but you also have to remember that the R/T and the sebring coupe were built on a mitsubishi eclipse platform, so it wasnt going to last forever. Things change, all you can do is get another!
The Sebring hardtop coupe was a Mitsu, but the convertible was actually all Chrysler....

The reality is very simple, Dodge screwed up. They built a very nice looking car, much like they did with the Avenger, but gave it no *****......and that's what ultimately did it in. It's a shame too, great car.....I miss mine sometimes...

Old 07-31-2007, 12:48 PM
BloodRed
Professional

ORIGINAL: Jr. Mechanic

My bro has one just like that, except his is a sebring coupe (same thing) with chrome rims. It is a nice car, but you also have to remember that the R/T and the sebring coupe were built on a mitsubishi eclipse platform,
Close, the Stratus sedan, Sebring sedan, and Sebring convertable where made by Dodge. The Stratus coupe (not just R/T) and the Sebring Coupe, were based off the Mitsubishi Eclipse/Galant platform.

But yeah everyone is right, the cars did not sell well and Dodge never made enough money on there other cars to keep a dieing line going like some other car companies do. Also times have changed and Dodge is getting away from the joint ventures with other auto makers.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:04 PM
nate_0022
Captain

Well I'm gladI still have mine. I'll probably plan on buying another one when this one goes to crap.

Quick Reply: Why did they stop making them...