2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Neon to SRT-4 conversion

Old 08-01-2007, 11:40 PM
lblackneon
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neon to SRT-4 conversion

One of my mechanics found a totaled out srt-4 with just water damage. He said it drives and everything. My dad said he's gonna get it for me and we're going to swap everything out. What's the difference between the SRT-4 and Neon other than engine, tranny, axle, interior and exterior appearance? Is the suspension considered better on the SRT-4 or is it just set up differently?
The srt-4s have larger fuel tanks right?

As far as selling parts, would the AFX Race pcm MT be able to work on other 2000 Neons or would the vin number be needed?

I'm having mixed feelings about the whole thing b/c I've put so many new things on my car. Just about everything has been replaced with new parts and my tranny was also just rebuilt. I want to take everything off of my car and sell it but I'm not sure that's gonna happen. That would be a lot of work to take everything off and out of the engine. My dad was just talking about selling the whole engine as is. If I'm able to talk them into taking everything off and selling the engine as stock, I would be very happy and there would be lots of parts for sale.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:26 AM
neon03se
Record Breaker
Default RE: Neon to SRT-4 conversion

what do you mean by water damage, just out of curiosity

Old 08-02-2007, 03:06 AM
contagious19
Champion

lucky

Old 08-02-2007, 05:27 AM
Sawhiskey
All Star

Man I would LOVE my dad if he brought me home a junked srt4 to take apart and do whatever too.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Adionik
Champion

I heard the K-frame is different...

Old 08-02-2007, 12:37 PM
lblackneon
Champion

What part is the K-frame?

One of my dads mechanics knows I like srt-4s and he told my dad he found one and he could get it cheap. He said it was towing a jet ski and it went back in the water I guess when it was pulling it out. I believe he said it was just the tail of the car that went in the water. I have no clue why it is completely totaled out. I'm going to get more info later.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:49 PM
lblackneon
Champion

Wow. More than 50 people read this and only a few replies and only 1 person responded to a question. I'm disappointed. Forget I even asked.[&:]

Old 08-02-2007, 10:47 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

its the same. i forget what year car you have, but if its 03+ its plug and play litterally, but if its an 00-02, you have to rewire your car lol sux i know. suspenstion is basically the same, they have bigger sway bars, and like adionk said, i think the k frame is different, but you would want to swap that anyway because all the **** is stuck to it. theres no need to remove it if it will bolt right up.

on another note, ill take the indy manifold and your tb if you are selling them haha

Old 08-02-2007, 10:54 PM
contagious19
Champion

i would say just swap in da new motor and stuff needed and u have urself a sleeper adn just part out ur engine and sell ur parts and ull get more money out of dat dan just selling it whole

Old 08-02-2007, 11:51 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: spikeymikey87

its the same. i forget what year car you have, but if its 03+ its plug and play litterally, but if its an 00-02, you have to rewire your car lol sux i know. suspenstion is basically the same, they have bigger sway bars, and like adionk said, i think the k frame is different, but you would want to swap that anyway because all the **** is stuck to it. theres no need to remove it if it will bolt right up.

on another note, ill take the indy manifold and your tb if you are selling them haha
damn you mikey lol, I'm willing to get those partsfrom you also if things don't pull through with mikey

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Neon to SRT-4 conversion