3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What size speakers do I have?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 02:15 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What size speakers do I have?

I have one dealer telling that I have 5.25 both front and back. I have one dealer telling me that I have 6x9 front and 5.25 back, and I have one dealer that says I have 5.25 in the back and wants to put 6.25 in the front but would need to make a custom plate for the speaker.

Can anyone tell me what the factory speaker sizes are in my truck. I have the standard 4 speaker stereo (according to manaul) with no navigation but it look like I have 2 tweeter speakers in the upper section of my dash near my windshield. This would make 6 total speakers. I did not take anything apart yet and not going to until I know what I have to buy.

Old 08-17-2007, 02:31 PM
Hemiriden
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What size speakers do I have?

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup Mega Cab
with 4 speakers[*]Factory Stereo Installed
[ul][/ul]

Factory replacement info:

In-dash stereo
8-3/16" depth; Size code E

Front speakers
Front Door : 6x9"

Rear speakers
Rear Door : 6-3/4" [/align]

Old 08-17-2007, 02:38 PM
eltupac
All Star

5.25 rear and 6x9 front

Old 08-17-2007, 02:41 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

If you take it to someplace to get them installed any size can fit.

Old 08-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DESCRIPTION
STANDARD
The standard equipment speaker system includes speakers in four locations. One 15.2 X 22.8 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) full-range speaker is located in each front door. There is also one full-range 13.3 centimeter (5.25 inch) diameter full-range speaker located in each rear door (quad cab) or B-pillar (regular cab).
PREMIUM
The optional premium speaker system features eleven Premium model speakers in seven locations. Each of the standard speakers is replaced with Premium model speakers. One 8.8 centimeter (3.50 inch) diameter speaker is located on each end of the instrument panel top pad. One 6.3 centimeter (2.50 inch) diameter speaker is located in the center of the instrument panel top pad. One 15.2 X 22.8 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) Premium speaker is located in each front door. There is also one coaxial 13.3 centimeter (5.25 inch) diameter Premium full-range speaker located in each rear door (quad cab) or B-pillar (regular cab). The premium speaker system also includes a power amplifier mounted behind the glove box. The total available power of the premium speaker system is 368 watts. If equipped, a 25.4 centimeter (10 inch) subwoofer is located behind the center passenger seat along with a amplifier (rated at 150 watts) located under the center passenger seat. The total available power if equipped with the subwoofer and second power amplifier is 518 watts.

Old 08-17-2007, 08:16 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks everyone, I got my speaker choices down to pioneer only. I am not going to be running an amp, so now I am looking at head units. I was looking at a unit with bluetooth but I think I am going to go away from that because when I accelerate, noone can hear me on my phone whether I am using the handset, bluetooth ear piece, or speaker phone. So, I am not going to waste my money there. Anyway, I 'll keep everyone informed....

Old 08-17-2007, 09:20 PM
Roadrunner35

Be very careful. Not all 6 x 9's fit the front doors without cuting the sheetmetal. I'll give you an example.......If you look at crutchfield's site and what fits your vehicle, it will tell you that the Infinity Kappa 6 x 9's fit your front door. UHUH... No way. They do not fit without hacking the metal. I tried 5 sets of different brands and on the 6th set, I finally got a stock fit. I went with Eclipse components. Model SC6900. The prob with aftermarkets are that the baskets are to big. The Eclipse speakers use a shallow mount basket and with the stock plastic speaker bracket (located and removable from the back of the stock 6 x 9's) Fit like a glove. And sound incredible too. If I were you, I would remove one of the door panels and hit a local shop to test fit before you buy.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:29 PM
Lash
Professional

ORIGINAL: Roadrunner35

If I were you, I would remove one of the door panels and hit a local shop to test fit before you buy.
Or you can just measure the mounting depth and check the mfg.'s website to make sure they'll fit.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:59 PM
muscleman320
Professional

i've done all this syuff myself, i have 6x9 in front and 5.25 in back, i have pioneer in the front and it sounds absolutely rediculous, i had polk in the back but one was bent and it didn't mount right so i took it back and they gave me kicker which was more expensive but they even swapped with me so i was cool .. i def blew them, i tried to get 6.5 back there but i can't cu the sheet metal so it'll fit because the seatbelt bracket is in the way .. oh yeha, i also have pioneer head unit and its amazing i have the 06 Supertuner 3D . it awesome and has preouts and all.. it has TONS of equilizer settings you can play with for a week and get it different, its pretty in depth if you want it to be or you can use the pre set settings . its great .. i would highly suggest it

Old 08-18-2007, 12:09 AM
Ben D.
Champion

ORIGINAL: squirtbottle09

If you take it to someplace to get them installed any size can fit.
very true all it takes is a bit of creativity and you can make anything fit. speakin of which what's the deal with your son's truck I realy wanted to see that get cookin and see the system put in we had talked about way back when. pm me anytime you want advice I love helpin out with stereo stuff. that goes for anyone on the forum.

Quick Reply: What size speakers do I have?