1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Power door lock, rear door, won't work

Old 02-08-2007, 03:44 PM
vstanford
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power door lock, rear door, won't work

On my 2001 Dodge Durango the power door lock on the driver's side rear door does not lock or unlock when the electrical switch is activated. It does not lock when the automatic door lock feature is activated. To lock the door I have to manually slide the door lock slide lever on the inside of the door. Also, this also has to be done to unlock the door. Evidently the solenoid is not getting power or the solenoid is bad. (I assume there is a solenoid that does this action.). What is the procedure to check this out in order to determinethe problem? Is there a separate fuse for each door's power door lock?

Old 08-27-2007, 12:33 PM
treetop
Default RE: Power door lock, rear door, won't work

I am having the same problem It also occurred approximately the same time that my steering wheel radio controls and horn stopped working. I am not certain if they are related though. Did you everfind out anymore information about this problem?

Old 08-27-2007, 01:31 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try disassembling the driver's door and reseat the wiring harness to your power locks and windows control unit. Alot of times, the harness may become loose or the contacts do not make good contacts causing the locks and/or windows issue.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:02 PM
sweetness

I have a 2002 Durango, and mine is similar to yours except that when I hit the lock or hit lock on my remote it doesn't lock but it also makes like a "sick goose noise." I have to manually push the lock itself down on the driver side door. All others work except it. Any suggestions? I have taken the panel off and don't see any problems. Help????

Old 11-14-2007, 06:24 PM
Durango03
Veteran

If its making a funny noise than the actuator is bad.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power door lock, rear door, won't work