PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

2003 Dodge Ram 4.7L Idle problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 12:49 PM
acroyer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Dodge Ram 4.7L Idle problems

Hey all, new to the forums and I have a question so I hope I am putting in the right spot.

My 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7L only does this low idle thing occasionally. I come to a stop and than it starts to idle down very low and seems like it will die, I don't let it and rev up the engine before it happens, it only does it once in awhile. Seems wierd. I have replaced the spark plugs and checked the belt, no problems. Someone suggested getting a PCM update. What the heck is that?

Any ideas? and thanks for any redirects to anyone else having this trouble.

[]

Old 10-15-2007, 06:53 PM
deadhead
Default RE: 2003 Dodge Ram 4.7L Idle problems

I have a similar issue with a Neonand I am at a loss as well. I can usually fix anything.If I hear something pass it along, maybe it'll help you out too.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:09 AM
acroyer
Default RE: 2003 Dodge Ram 4.7L Idle problems

Someone wrote me about this and it sounds pretty good:

"my 05 4.7 was doing the same. the throttle posistioning sensor is going bad. 106.00 for the replacement part. if you look at the engine where the throttle body is, thats were the air inlet tube hooks up to on top of the engine. you will see a blackbox that has wires attached to it. replace this and your problems will go away. the black box is the one in the middle of the throttle body. two hex screws hold it on. it will only go on one way so you can mess it up. and it comes with two gaskets. make sure you use the correct one. just look at the factory sensor and you will be able to see what gasket to use"

Hope this helps, because it helped me.

Quick Reply: 2003 Dodge Ram 4.7L Idle problems