Notices
Archived Classifieds This forum is closed for posting. Expired Classifieds threads only.

1996 Ram 1500 4X4 SLT Laramie in GA

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Fubba
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 Ram 1500 4X4 SLT Laramie in GA

This truck is in great condition. Runs, drives, and looks great. It has right at 254k miles. However, it really has ~243k, but due to the change in the gear ratio in the differentials, the speedometer and odometer read a little faster than the truck moves. I originally planned on lifting the truck and changing the tire size, so I never changed the speed gear in the transmission. This is a simple fix, and I can point you to a place online which will give you the right size gear and a shop can replace the current one in about 15 minutes. The engine and transmission were both rebuilt about 70k miles ago. The engine runs strong, and the transmission shifts great with no slipping. The truck has leather interior with a "Star Coach" package which added some wood grain and an overhead compartment. It also has a power driver's seat. A/C was serviced and the condenser replaced at the end of last summer. It blows very cold. Has a receiver hitch with a 7 pin trailer connector. I also put in a Pioneer Premier cd player. It plugs up to an iPod or iPhone and controls your music through the head unit via the head unit controls or the remote. It also has the factory premium Infinity sound system with wires running under the back seat in order to hook up an amp. I also installed an aftermarket cup holder, because the original ones in the truck aren't any good.

Here is a list of things done to the truck both cosmetically and mechanically:
-Engine rebuilt 70k miles ago
-Transmission rebuilt 70k miles ago
-Front and Rear differentials rebuilt and re-geared with 4.56 ratio
-Brakes replaced within the past year
-Aftermarket slotted front rotors
-Taylor spark plug wires
-Catalytic converter removed
-Single in/dual out Flowmaster 40 to chrome tips
-New water pump installed in Aug 2011
-New radiator and hoses installed in Aug 2011
-New A/C condenser installed in July 2011
-New track bar installed in March 2012
-New front u-joints installed in March 2011
-New upper and lower ball joints installed in December 2011

-Chrome brushguard
-Chrome Bully nerf bars
-Chrome side rails
-Chrome rollbar with 5 KC lites on top switchable on/off from inside cab
-Aftermarket headlights and taillights
-15" Progressive wheels
-33X12.50 BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM2's

I will be upfront about problems with the truck. Here is a list:
-Tear in the side of the front driver's seat.
-One of the switches for the power driver's seat is broken, but it can still be used.
-One of the three bars that come down on the driver's side of the rollbar has rusted through and is not attached. It's not noticeable unless you look for it.
-Paint is peeling on the passenger upper door, the upper driver door, top of the tailgate, and the roof. This is a common problem with these trucks.
-A limb fell on the truck a couple of years ago, and there is a small dent on the passenger side of the roof. It's very unnoticeable. I tried to photograph it, but it's hard to see. I got a quote on it, and the guy said it'd be about $450 to fix it and paint the whole roof. I didn't think it was worth it since it's so unnoticeable. I will email the picture if you want to see it.
-Tires are worn. They've probably got <5,000 miles left on them. Truck is ready to lift though, so you may choose to go with a different size anyway. If not, they will need to be replaced soon down the road.
-A piece of the wood grain in the truck is broken, but it could probably be cut and modified to your liking or glued back in place.
-The dash is cracked in a couple of places.

Again, the truck is in great condition and runs absolutely great. The only reason I'm selling it is because of a personal issue I have going on right now. I also do a lot of driving back and forth to school and would like to get something with a little better mileage. If not for that, I would want to keep it. I'm asking for $5250, but I will entertain all offers. I also have a lot more photos that I can email you. Just PM me your email if you'd like them. I look forward to making a deal. Thanks for looking!

Name:  102-1.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  27.9 KB

Name:  114-1.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  24.3 KB

Name:  117-1.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  20.6 KB

Name:  126-1.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  27.4 KB

Last edited by Fubba; 04-18-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:46 PM
Fubba
Professional

Price drop to $5250. Send me some offers!

Old 04-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Lil Witty

would you be willing to sell just your rollbar

Old 02-02-2013, 10:34 PM
Fubba
Professional

Asking $4800 now. Offers!

Quick Reply: 1996 Ram 1500 4X4 SLT Laramie in GA