Notices
Archived Classifieds This forum is closed for posting. Expired Classifieds threads only.

Stock Torque Converter from '05 Ram 1500

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 11:15 PM
popdog
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stock Torque Converter from '05 Ram 1500

I've got an OEM torque converter that was in perfect working condition from my '05 Ram 1500 with about 30k miles on it. Just seeing if anyone is interested in buying either for a replacement or a core charge on an aftermarket converter. Asking $150

Old 03-21-2014, 10:47 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Please post actual pictures of the item, per sales rules.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:42 PM
popdog
Veteran

Sorry I'll get them up soon I'm just trying to see if there's any interest before it hits fleabay

Old 03-22-2014, 12:51 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by popdog
I've got an OEM torque converter that was in perfect working condition from my '05 Ram 1500 with about 30k miles on it. Just seeing if anyone is interested in buying either for a replacement or a core charge on an aftermarket converter. Asking $150
How long ago was it removed? How has it been stored? Was all fluid drained or ends capped to protect against moisture/rust damage?

Old 03-23-2014, 11:44 AM
popdog
Veteran

Originally Posted by dirtydog
How long ago was it removed? How has it been stored? Was all fluid drained or ends capped to protect against moisture/rust damage?
It was removed about 11 months ago. All fluid was drained and it has been capped.

It worked perfectly and was not abused on the truck because I was afraid what the mods would do to it. After throwing in the APS torque converter, that's a different story.. :]

Picture is attached.

Attached Thumbnails Stock Torque Converter from '05 Ram 1500-20140323_104443.jpg  
Old 03-25-2014, 01:44 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

It was removed about 11 months ago. All fluid was drained and it has been capped.

It worked perfectly and was not abused on the truck because I was afraid what the mods would do to it. After throwing in the APS torque converter, that's a different story.. :]

Picture is attached.
I was hoping you weren't going to say that.....

You posted 3yrs ago:

Aye, same reasoning i'm leaning towards the injects. The truck just rolled over 50k so it's not a whole ton of miles. It could probably use a new set of wires but i really doubt they're too bad. I had the same issue with the original champions though, I changed the plugs hoping it might be related (and they were due for a change anyway).
You Posted 11 Months ago:
Buddy, this sounds like more a fluke experience for you. These transmissions have been known to be solid and routinely get 150-200k before a rebuild. A lot also depends on how you are about servicing. I've got around 70k on my truck and installed a deep transmission pan and have changed the fluid + filters twice in the 40k miles I've had it. I also have a high stall converter. I don't expect to have a trans issue anytime soon.
Please change your description to say that your TC has ~70k on it.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:31 PM
popdog
Veteran

And you know that torque converter wasn't replaced under warranty shortly after I bought the truck then? My truck only has 76k on it as it sits. Original owner put 31k on it. Slipping issues probably 7-10k miles after I bought it related to a defective flat filter in the pan. Torque converter clutches were toast. No problems since. There was a Wix filter in the tranny.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:13 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

And you know that torque converter wasn't replaced under warranty shortly after I bought the truck then? My truck only has 76k on it as it sits. Original owner put 31k on it. Slipping issues probably 7-10k miles after I bought it related to a defective flat filter in the pan. Torque converter clutches were toast. No problems since. There was a Wix filter in the tranny.
I don't, and that could very well be the case. You were brief in your description and did not mention that and you have not posted a thing in the past year about it. Most active members would post something like that up or at least mention it in a post or thread.etc I do see you have not been that active the past year, so maybe that's why?
No problem. Just post up your warranty papers and it wont be an issue. I'm certain nobody would have an issue buying a legit warrantied item.
Thanks.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:12 PM
popdog
Veteran

I did actually make a post a while back recommending Mopar filters only and made mention of the Wix as I know their oil filters are very popular. This is why. I don't know where the heck those warranty papers are though I just bought a house this past summer so anything like that is either hidden in a box or thrown out during the move. This sale isn't worth the effort of looking for it.

Old 03-26-2014, 01:04 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

You should be able to go to the dealer that did the repairs and get a copy. That should be easy enough.
If not worth your time then I can close the thread if you would like.

I understand your frustration, but I hope you can understand from an outside perspective that I am only looking out for the members of DF.

Quick Reply: Stock Torque Converter from '05 Ram 1500