Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Sirius radio does not display artist name or song title?

Old 10-24-2007, 10:27 AM
jeffstenger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius radio does not display artist name or song title?

I have 2007 Dodge with factory Sirius radio that was already activated. How can I get the artist name and song title to display on the radio? The radio displays artist and song when on local FM station, just not on Sirius.
Called Sirius and they said that is a feature that should work on all Sirius radios. they sent an 'update' to my radio, still does not work.theysay tohave the unit serviced.
Called Dodge dealer they say different radios have different options and mine must not have that option.
Any know what the real story is?

Old 10-24-2007, 10:50 AM
crcarch
Professional
Default RE: Sirius radio does not display artist name or song title?

You may have done this already, but check your radio manual. I had an 05 Durango with the Sirius radio.As I recall, it was a setting on the display of the radio itself. You had to tell it to display the song info instead of the Channel name and number, which was default setting. I can't imagine that the 07 radio would have less features than an 05 radio.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:59 PM
densher

I have a 2004 Ram QC with an RB4 navigation and have the same problem.
I have been searching all kinds of forums looking for the answer to this problem. The only thing I came up with is this guy on E-Bay (Mr CD1) that claims a new software patch came out to allow the artist name and song to display on the Sirius stations. The part number he is selling is 05064142AA - a two-disk set of nav cd's that has the patch. I have yet to find this part number anywhere else on the world wide web and so it makes me leary to fork out 155 bones and it not work. So, I am hoping someone in this world of Dodge experts can find out the real story. But it seems that my answers go ignored ... at least on Dodge Talk forum.

Old 10-31-2007, 04:05 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

Factory radio's are not my specialty...so im not gona be lots of help. Does it display the channel # and name, but not song info?

Old 10-31-2007, 12:51 PM
stratusguy02
Professional

The base radio will only display the channel number. The 6-CD units will display the other info.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sirius radio does not display artist name or song title?