Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

U-Connect Update Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 03:56 PM
oharag
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U-Connect Update Questions?

Hey I recently updated my U-Connect with the latest version that allows for Siri Hands Free. I have a couple of concerns/questions:

Questions:
1) I downloaded the update on 4/13/2016 and installed it. I put my VIN back in the U-Connect website - and there is another update released on 4/20/2016 Version 8.4AN_RA4_16_16_13_MY15. I searched the internet and find some sort of Upgrade notes - anyone install this version? This version also seems to be the same as the one I downloaded on 4/13/2016. I wonder why U-Connect is saying my Durango is not up to date.

Concerns:
- Prior to this update, whenever my son launched a game on my iPhone, or I used my iPhone for Turn by Turn, UConnect would not switch to Bluetooth Audio. Now when my son starts playing Candy Crush - my Radio switched over to the stupid sound coming from Candy Crush. Also, when I put use my iPhone for TBT every time Siri announces an upcoming event (i.e. turn) my Radio switches over though no sound comes out. This is extremely annoying. I know for a fact this did not happen Pre-Siri update. Is there a way to stop this from happening? Is this flaw in the latest update? I want to physically switch to BlueTooth or AUX to hear sounds from my iPhone - I don't want this to happen automatically. Any thoughts?

Quick Reply: U-Connect Update Questions?