Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

6x9 door speakers, What fits?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 09:33 AM
TN_DODGE_RAM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it is taboo to resurrect an old thread, but I wanted to chime in for those that are working on speaker replacement for their older truck (like me).

After having just replaced my passenger side 6x9 speaker, I would add this tip to anybody considering the project:

Buy slim mount speakers.

I did not, and managed to get normal depth 6x9's in there, but i had to fabricate a spacer and then had to work to get my door panel put back on. I got it done, but the added steps really sapped all the fun out of the project.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:47 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

go to crutchfield, they will give you the depths necessary.
Not sure how up to date they are but they will give you a starting point. Everything should be taken into consideration(clearance/fitment issues) when installing speakers before you buy. Sometimes you have to contact the speaker manufacturer to get detailed measurements to see if they will work with your project(they don't all give you every dimension you need).

Old 03-16-2016, 07:55 PM
IMCHALLENGEN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is another 6x9 option for guys that want a better then nornal $100 6x9 set. These are more of a sound quailty mid bass 6x9. They are the same size and mounting depth as most oem 6x9 speakers. I used these in my Dodge Challengers, but works with all late model Dodge vehicles. I used the same oem speaker adapter with some minor trimming. If you want the most out of any speaker you need to sound deaden your doors and door panel. This helps the rattles and allows less distortion from the speaker in the door. which helps speaker output. To get the most of these speakers, a nice amplifier powering them. These speakers( Hybrid Audio Technologies (HATS) Unity u69 have a frequency range of 40hz- 6500hz. They come in 4 ohm with push terminals like you find on subwoofers. The mounting depth is 3.35" and 14mm xmax(two way). you can add a 1" tweeters and crossovers to these or 3.5 HAT Unity U3 3.5" Midrange/tweeter alone and make a component set. The U3 Midranges can play low as 250hz - 20khz so no need for tweeter if mounting in the dash. If you ever heard of the Image Dynamics XS69 6x9 component sets that are really good, but these are even better.

Unity u69 vs oem boston 6x9

oem boston vs HAT U69 (much bigger magnet)

oem boston vs HAT U69 (water proof paper cone)

trimmed oem 6x9 oem adapter

HAT U69 mounted to oem 6x9 adapter using all oem hardware(screws)

Bottom side HAT Unity U69 mounted

mounted back in the car, window rolls up and down without any mounting issues.

Quick Reply: 6x9 door speakers, What fits?