Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2003 dodge qc Infinity Audio System

Old 12-14-2010, 11:46 PM
Dmills
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 dodge qc Infinity Audio System

Alright guys I am looking at getting a new audio system in my 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab. I have been trying to do as much research as I can and I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly;
-my infinity system is a pile of crap!?!?!?! In order to do any upgrades, I might as well start from scratch.
-So as long as I'm right so far, what I have read is that each speaker has it's own amp due to the fact that the HU does not have it's own, and that there is an amp under the passenger side glove box that helps feed the system?
I basically want to remove all of this and add new everything.

Well this is the new HU I am looking to get, http://www.crutchfield.com/p_110VM94...ures_and_specs
what I was planning to do is run new wiring from this unit to a 6 channel amp under the driver front seat. I want to run two tweeters in the pillars, two front speakers in the doors, and two rear speakers in the doors off this amp. In addition, I want to run two 10" subs under the rear passenger seat in a MTX Thunderstorm box with it's own amp. I plan to run headrest monitors and a rear back up camera as well. Does this setup sound plausible? I am not very 'car audio friendly' so please bare with me if it sounds total out in left field. What else would I need to make such a system work? anything to add? Remove? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:13 AM
SeanW727
Professional

How loud do you want it to go? That Jensen does not put out great sound levels. I had its little brother the 9314... I know its a great cost effective head unit...but you get what you pay for. Check out sonicelectronix.com .... Much better prices and still gives you installation accessories for free. MTX Thunderforms are nice.... but check out supercrewsound.com ... .FOr the price you can get a box that will handle much better subs than those lower end mtx's.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:56 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah, Jensen would be NO WHERE NEAR my ride. But I have an 04 with the stock Infinity and like you I changed everything out. I left all the OEM wiring and amp where it was and ran all new 14ga from my after market amps on the back walls to the doors. I t-tapped power and ground off the OEM HU harness to the new double DIN HU (Pioneer AVIC) I installed and ran a new 18ga remote amp power wire and RCA cables down one side of the truck.

Old 12-15-2010, 02:01 PM
rbrumm
Veteran

With that type of HU, would there be a conflict with the dash pad the juts out over the HU location?

Old 12-15-2010, 04:05 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Most motorized flips outs have incremental adjustments that can be made to tilt the screen to help with angled viewing and obstructions.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Dmills

thanks for the info guys...Yeah I wanted a HU that had all these options, but without breaking the bank...we'll see how it holds up...

rbrumm- I do not believe I will have any conflict with the dash...the dash slopes back a little bit and should be fine. But like weedahoe said, it does tilt if I have any issues.

SeanW727- I was planning on picking one up from sonicelectronix..they are going for around 370.00...hopefully I have good luck..I'll check into supercrewsound for speakers..thanks!

What component speakers you all running? Thanks again for the help

Old 12-16-2010, 08:23 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Ive got a full signature and links to my gallery pics in my sig link

What is your budget on a HU though. I might can help you find a good and well priced unit.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:53 PM
Dmills

I was wanting to stick around 500 bucks....I thought Jensen was a good brand? Goes to show how much I know

Old 12-16-2010, 07:31 PM
SeanW727
Professional

Jensen is a good brand. If your on a very tight budget. Trying to save you money in the long run cause you will want to replace it.
Honestly, 370 is alot of money for a box and subs... For 270 you can get a pretty sick setup (130 for the box that goes under the seats from supercrewsound.com) .... and probably about 75 bucks a sub for decent subs from sonicelectronix.com
also check out carstereoonline.com or onlinecarstereo.com (cant remember which it is)... They have some killer prices too.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Dmills

sounds great..thanks! And reading about your truck just made me jealous haha you have a link to more pics of your truck? preferably the interior?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2003 dodge qc Infinity Audio System