Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Rec radio?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 04:27 PM
SJS67
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rec radio?

I bought a used rec nav radion for my mega cab....went to install it and doesnt work...radio works, no display, no cd, buttons light up with head lights......

my truck 07.5 mega cab which had the 6 disk radio in it.....

part no 05064184ac
date code 0726

thanks

Old 06-03-2011, 11:28 PM
SJS67

So took it to the dealership today. They said that there was a 221e internal fault code. They reset it and radio started to work. Then he said he needed to add it to the accessory menu of the truck so it would recognize that there is nav there(which I don't think it needed since it started working after). So played around with it. Nav disk installed. Tried to install a cd but it said disk error and wouldn't say anything else. Errrrrr. So I said that's fine I will figure it out since the display is working I was glad. He drove the truck out of the shop and the radio was back to no display and only the radio working. Errrrr. So is this radio hooped? Is there a way to figure out what's wrong with it or is something wrong with the trucks programming.

Really hoping someone on here can help me out.

Thanks

Old 07-10-2011, 11:49 PM
SJS67

anyone

Quick Reply: Rec radio?