Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

uconnect 4.3 and iPod help

Old 11-16-2011, 03:12 AM
sdeyoung
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uconnect 4.3 and iPod help

Just wondering if anyone has figured out how to play CD's in the correct track number order. Mine also plays tracks from albums in alphabetical order and there doesn't seem to be any way to change this. Unless someone here can tell me how. I'm hoping there is a fix or something. Seems kinda weird that a company would design something like this.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:11 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an email out to a Chrysler contact about this for you. I'll let you know what I find out.

Originally Posted by sdeyoung
Just wondering if anyone has figured out how to play CD's in the correct track number order. Mine also plays tracks from albums in alphabetical order and there doesn't seem to be any way to change this. Unless someone here can tell me how. I'm hoping there is a fix or something. Seems kinda weird that a company would design something like this.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:06 AM
sdeyoung

Ok! Thanks : )

Old 11-18-2011, 11:44 AM
xsdbs
Captain

well, I just got a reply back from one of the team members from Harman, they are the manufacturers of that radio. His reply is below:

I verified the behavior on an RB5 (8.4n). I could not find a working base HU (4.3) to review but I suspect is works the same as you already indicated below

forwarded the issues to the HU team but I would tell the customer that there is not a way currently do play the album tracks in order.

You could create a playlist but that seems tedious as you have to do that for every album. I did verify that this works at least with my Iphone 3gs. On the phone I created a playlist that had the same name as the album and then selected the album and added all songs. When this connects back to the HU it shows the tracks in order as they appear on the album. Again I did not verify this on a 4.3 Inch system but I think it has a playlist

I have asked him to keep me updated on what the HU (head unit-- radio) team says.

Ok! Thanks : )

Old 12-03-2011, 05:28 PM
xsdbs
Captain

Just wanted to let you know that I started to dig at this contact friend of a friend. So I haven't forgoten about it. I just hate it when people call me for help and expect me to drop everything to help them but when I as a favor, some people just act like they're just so busy.

Originally Posted by xsdbs
well, I just got a reply back from one of the team members from Harman, they are the manufacturers of that radio. His reply is below:

I verified the behavior on an RB5 (8.4n). I could not find a working base HU (4.3) to review but I suspect is works the same as you already indicated below

forwarded the issues to the HU team but I would tell the customer that there is not a way currently do play the album tracks in order.

You could create a playlist but that seems tedious as you have to do that for every album. I did verify that this works at least with my Iphone 3gs. On the phone I created a playlist that had the same name as the album and then selected the album and added all songs. When this connects back to the HU it shows the tracks in order as they appear on the album. Again I did not verify this on a 4.3 Inch system but I think it has a playlist

I have asked him to keep me updated on what the HU (head unit-- radio) team says.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:52 AM
sdeyoung

No worries.. I appreciate it!

Old 12-04-2011, 06:22 PM
xsdbs
Captain

Thanks for the patience.

No worries.. I appreciate it!

Old 05-14-2012, 02:42 PM
bortzjr

xsdbs - What ever happened with your friend and this thread?

I purchased a 2012 Charger 2 weeks ago and discovered my 4.3 also plays iPOD CD tracks alphabetically. I went exploring on the internet and found this thread. I enthusiasticly scrolled down and things went quiet with no answer. Anyway, I'm hoping a solution is available and I just haven't heard it.

It is quite baffling that someone went through the trouble of designing software to control a great feature to what should be straight forward standards, then deviates from these standards by using irrational logic. REALLY, does anyone ever listen to CD tracks in alphabetical order? It makes no sense and could be so simple to correct with a software patch!!

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:36 PM
sdeyoung

Nope, never heard anything back.. I've asked the dealership numerous times and no one ever seems to understand the problem or even care. I also have an issue with the evic display not staying on Km/h. Always defaults back to mph when the vehicule is turned off. Yet the dealership says there's no problem.. Kinda disappointed in the company for not really caring even having a way to contact them directly.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:21 PM
xsdbs
Captain

Well, actually I was asked to stop trying to help people with radio issues that have the 4.3 radios.
The company that builds that radio is:

http://www.magnetimarelli.com/

I find it truly amazing that if a person is trying to help another person that is having problems with a manufacturers item, that person is asked to not help. If they (the company) provided better customer care, then people like myself that may be able to reach out to contacts wouldn't need to.

Originally Posted by bortzjr
xsdbs - What ever happened with your friend and this thread?

I purchased a 2012 Charger 2 weeks ago and discovered my 4.3 also plays iPOD CD tracks alphabetically. I went exploring on the internet and found this thread. I enthusiasticly scrolled down and things went quiet with no answer. Anyway, I'm hoping a solution is available and I just haven't heard it.

It is quite baffling that someone went through the trouble of designing software to control a great feature to what should be straight forward standards, then deviates from these standards by using irrational logic. REALLY, does anyone ever listen to CD tracks in alphabetical order? It makes no sense and could be so simple to correct with a software patch!!

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: uconnect 4.3 and iPod help