Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

8.4 inch touch screen and uconnect questions!

Old 03-18-2012, 11:37 AM
cpfreemont
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8.4 inch touch screen and uconnect questions!

Hallo

I'm new in this forum. I bought the new Fiat Freemont here in Switzerland, which is the same as the Dodge Journey in USA, with the 8.4 touch screen system. Now my questions:

1) Does the system copy and store MP3 files that are on a SD card internally? I used a SD card, the information was read and then I used another SD Card with no MP3 files on it, but I still could play the music that was stoerd on the previous SD card ?????

2) Why are not all album-covers shown? All files are correctly tagged. This happens even when I use my iPod connected by USB.

3) What ist the Music Info Cleanup powered by Gracenote and why are album-covers not shown at all, when it's switched off?

I hope anybody has answers. Than you for helping me.

Best regards Cris

Old 03-19-2012, 05:19 PM
cpfreemont

No body has an answer ?! Who could help me?

Old 03-20-2012, 09:49 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry, very few people keep or use the stock system that comes with the cars/trucks. Most people upgrade to after market.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:28 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll forward this over to another member here that may be able to help you on this radio issue.

Originally Posted by cpfreemont
Hallo

I'm new in this forum. I bought the new Fiat Freemont here in Switzerland, which is the same as the Dodge Journey in USA, with the 8.4 touch screen system. Now my questions:

1) Does the system copy and store MP3 files that are on a SD card internally? I used a SD card, the information was read and then I used another SD Card with no MP3 files on it, but I still could play the music that was stoerd on the previous SD card ?????

2) Why are not all album-covers shown? All files are correctly tagged. This happens even when I use my iPod connected by USB.

3) What ist the Music Info Cleanup powered by Gracenote and why are album-covers not shown at all, when it's switched off?

I hope anybody has answers. Than you for helping me.

Best regards Cris

Old 03-21-2012, 10:29 AM
xsdbs
Captain

Upgrading that system wouldn't be an easy change out like most of the other radios.

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Sorry, very few people keep or use the stock system that comes with the cars/trucks. Most people upgrade to after market.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:21 AM
cpfreemont

OK thank you!

Originally Posted by xsdbs
I'll forward this over to another member here that may be able to help you on this radio issue.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:22 AM
cpfreemont

What do you mean, they change the whole radiosystem ??? English is not my mother language!

Originally Posted by weedahoe

Old 03-21-2012, 08:36 PM
xsdbs
Captain

yes, however as I mentioned, that would not be an easy task for your vehicle. With the simple NAV radios or base cd players, they can easily be changed for an aftermarket radio, amp & speakers.

Originally Posted by cpfreemont
What do you mean, they change the whole radiosystem ??? English is not my mother language!

Old 03-22-2012, 02:53 AM
cpfreemont

The problem is that I am really stisfied with all the functions but the "album artwork showing capoability".

Waht radio brands with mp3player/navi/iphonen functions can you recommend?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 8.4 inch touch screen and uconnect questions!