Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2012 Uconnect SW update

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 11:26 AM
NeilSA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2011 Durango with the 430(RBZ) will this update work for my system?

Current software version on mine is 20.02.01

Old 12-19-2012, 11:59 AM
ankitjuthani

Originally Posted by xsdbs
For those with 2012 vehicles that have either of the following radios:
RES, REQ, RBZ, & RHB
The File for the TSB 08-018-12 Uconnect SW update can be found at the link below:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vedk6f30v84e95r

And the instructions are:
Download this file that I have on Mediafire onto a thumb drive and : Place this thumb drive in the USB connector mounted either in the glove box or the center console. Press & release the uconnect phone button and say “set up, software update”. You will start to hear some beeps. This process will take about 20 – 25 minutes. It’s a good size file. During the beeps, the radio screen will in an update mode, when the beeps are done and the screen goes back to the radio then the process should be complete. Just wait for a few seconds after the radio starts to play before removing the thumb drive. Turn the key off, open & close the driver’s door. Wait about 30 seconds then turn the key on. After radio powers up wait about 15 seconds, then press and hold the uconnect phone button for about 15 seconds, the radio will start to say a few options and then something like please attach usb….. And then there will be a software version that comes up on the screen. Should be 63.02.48 V: HS: d2 or d1. When you see this
release
the button, press and release it again. The radio will show the radio screen now. Let me know how it works out for you. Thank you,
You will also need to delete the current pairing of the phone to Uconnect and the Uconnect to the phone, then start the new pairing session.

***** MAKE SURE NOT TO INTERRUPT THE POWER DURING THIS PROCESS, THE MODULE WILL LOCK UP IF YOU DO. (THIS IS TRUE EVEN IF THE DEALER PERFORMS THE UPDATE). IT'S BEST TO JUST HAVE THE ENGINE RUNNING WHILE PERFORMING THE UPDATE.****

The update will have the following enhancements:

The customer satisfaction enhancements are included with this software release:
NOTE: After the HFM has been updated it will receive these enhancements.
· Reduced “Device Reading” wait time after connecting a device to the remote USB
port.
· Call / Dial separation improves upon names being recognized as phone numbers.
· Improved sound quality during Bluetooth streaming.
· Increased iPod and iPhone compatibility.
· SMS messaging support via MAP protocol (not all phones support the MAP
protocol).
· Added “None of These” and “Correction” to the phone book prompt menu for better
handling of similar names.
· Previous button will return the song currently being played to the beginning of the
track.
· AirPlay feature “Dock Connector” no longer needs to be manually selected on Apple
devices. This will resolve the “No Audio” condition when the device is connected to
the remote USB port and dock connector is not selected.
NOTE:

1) USB mode resume will no longer 'resume' after ignition OFF.
2) On iPhone's, SIRI features, Visual voice mail, Voice memos on the phone and other features where the phone simulates a call using you voice mail will not be supported by Uconnect. (this is because of how the phone handles incoming calls when these features are being used).
I tried the above process with my radio but after 11 minutes of beeping, it said "The used update software is not compatible". Please advise.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:05 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The SW version that you supplied is for the radio, not the Uconnect system. You can't pull it's SW version except on 2012 vehicles and newer.
Can you tell me the vehicle build date?

Originally Posted by NeilSA

Old 12-20-2012, 07:10 AM
xsdbs
Captain

According to your information at the top of your post:
Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Durango SXT

You have a 2011 vehicle. Is this correct? If so, then I will need the vehicle build date in order to direct you to the correct file. This file is for 2012 vehicles, however it will work for 2011 vehicles also built post 10-1-2011.

The SW version that you supplied is for the radio, not the Uconnect system. You can't pull it's SW version except on 2012 vehicles and newer.
Can you tell me the vehicle build date?

Old 12-20-2012, 11:17 AM
tiggen

Hey man, I have had my 2010 1500 for two years now, and my iPhone4 has never successfully synched to Uconnect. I had a Blackberry 8330 that did, but no luck on the iPhone4.

I call Chrysler every so often and do exactly what they tell me to do with no results. Way back I even got a software update via CD that I used to update. No results.

What other info do you need to make this thing work?

Truck
2010 1500
don't know radio off the top of my head, but is either a RER or REN
will have to look for software version

Phone
iPhone4
OS 6.0.1
Verizon Wireless

Old 12-21-2012, 06:53 AM
xsdbs
Captain

On the radio, look on the lower right hand corner of the faceplate. There will be a 3 digit code, what is it?

Originally Posted by tiggen
Hey man, I have had my 2010 1500 for two years now, and my iPhone4 has never successfully synched to Uconnect. I had a Blackberry 8330 that did, but no luck on the iPhone4.

I call Chrysler every so often and do exactly what they tell me to do with no results. Way back I even got a software update via CD that I used to update. No results.

What other info do you need to make this thing work?

Truck
2010 1500
don't know radio off the top of my head, but is either a RER or REN
will have to look for software version

Phone
iPhone4
OS 6.0.1
Verizon Wireless

Old 12-21-2012, 01:32 PM
NeilSA

According to your information at the top of your post:
Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Durango SXT

You have a 2011 vehicle. Is this correct? If so, then I will need the vehicle build date in order to direct you to the correct file. This file is for 2012 vehicles, however it will work for 2011 vehicles also built post 10-1-2011.
The build date on my Durango is 4-11

Old 12-22-2012, 10:49 AM
tiggen

On the radio, look on the lower right hand corner of the faceplate. There will be a 3 digit code, what is it?
It's an RER. Sowtware 2.402

Old 12-23-2012, 03:20 PM
xsdbs
Captain

ok, with your build date this one isn't for you. the one that you need is:
This is the update that has been out since June of 2011. It's for 2011 vehicles that were built prior to 6-1-2011 and have the Mitsubishi radios (RES, REQ, RBZ & RHB) ONLY. It is not for the Harman radios (RER, RHR).
This update will fix the "error occurred" that is displayed when connecting an iPod or Iphone to the docking cable. It will also fix the choppy audio when streaming audio thru BT.

Here are the instructions: Make sure that you DO NOT have any power interuptions during the update, for best results have the motor running so there are no interuptions).
You will need at least a 2 GB thumb drive. If you have files on the thumb drive, please delete them and format the drive (to FAT32) just to make sure that it is completely clean.
Download it to the thumb drive that has no other files on it. Turn the radio on, Place the thumb drive in the center console USB connector (on vehicles with the dealer installed unit, it should be in the glove box), press and hold the Uconnect button for about 12 - 15 seconds, you should here "update started". This process should take about 15 - 20 minutes, there will be some beeps during the process. Please listen during the update for any error message that may be said by Uconnect. When the update is completed, the radio screen will go back to a radio display. Turn the ignition off, open & close the drivers door. Wait about 1 minute, then turn the key on and test the system.

and here is the file location:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qzfm7w2voa50f4m

The build date on my Durango is 4-11

Old 12-23-2012, 03:22 PM
xsdbs
Captain

bummer. I don't have anything for the Harman radios. Was the update CD the one from last year for was for Apple issues?

Originally Posted by tiggen
It's an RER. Sowtware 2.402

Quick Reply: 2012 Uconnect SW update