Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2012 Uconnect SW update

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 09:09 AM
NeilSA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xsdbs
ok, with your build date this one isn't for you. the one that you need is:
This is the update that has been out since June of 2011. It's for 2011 vehicles that were built prior to 6-1-2011 and have the Mitsubishi radios (RES, REQ, RBZ & RHB) ONLY. It is not for the Harman radios (RER, RHR).
This update will fix the "error occurred" that is displayed when connecting an iPod or Iphone to the docking cable. It will also fix the choppy audio when streaming audio thru BT.

Here are the instructions: Make sure that you DO NOT have any power interuptions during the update, for best results have the motor running so there are no interuptions).
You will need at least a 2 GB thumb drive. If you have files on the thumb drive, please delete them and format the drive (to FAT32) just to make sure that it is completely clean.
Download it to the thumb drive that has no other files on it. Turn the radio on, Place the thumb drive in the center console USB connector (on vehicles with the dealer installed unit, it should be in the glove box), press and hold the Uconnect button for about 12 - 15 seconds, you should here "update started". This process should take about 15 - 20 minutes, there will be some beeps during the process. Please listen during the update for any error message that may be said by Uconnect. When the update is completed, the radio screen will go back to a radio display. Turn the ignition off, open & close the drivers door. Wait about 1 minute, then turn the key on and test the system.

and here is the file location:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qzfm7w2voa50f4m
Thank you so much! This worked like a charm, I asked my local dealer about a software update and they said I needed a new bluetooth receiver (something like that). For the first time I was able to stream audio without it getting choppy.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:54 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's great news and I'm glad that I could help you out. Just curious about which dealer that you were at that wasn't able to assist you?

Originally Posted by NeilSA
Thank you so much! This worked like a charm, I asked my local dealer about a software update and they said I needed a new bluetooth receiver (something like that). For the first time I was able to stream audio without it getting choppy.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:24 AM
NeilSA

That's great news and I'm glad that I could help you out. Just curious about which dealer that you were at that wasn't able to assist you?
Brown-Daub Dodge in Bath, PA.

From reading this forum I was pretty sure a software update would do the trick but they said they wanted to order a part and have me come back so they could replace it. I never went back because the bluetooth worked great with the phone - the problem was the streaming and the "error occured" when connecting the ipod.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:10 AM
xsdbs
Captain

Amazing, especially since that SW update has been out since June 29th, 2011. I wonder how many other modules that they changed out instead of doing the update. They may also be just working the system though, the techs only get paid .3 hr for the update and they get paid more to replace the module. When they do this,, it also takes advantage of the supplier because they get charged back for a new module and it wasn't even defective. This goes against the suppliers warranty #'s and looks like the supplier sucks.

Originally Posted by NeilSA
Brown-Daub Dodge in Bath, PA.

From reading this forum I was pretty sure a software update would do the trick but they said they wanted to order a part and have me come back so they could replace it. I never went back because the bluetooth worked great with the phone - the problem was the streaming and the "error occured" when connecting the ipod.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:10 PM
DJ Hellfire
Veteran
Question

Do you have any information on how these radios, particularly the 730N, is able to view iPod artwork? I have some albums that I ripped from CD into windows media player several years ago, and I used itunes to retrieve the album artwork. However, some of the albums artwork shows on the nav screen, but most others do not! And 98% of my music has artwork. I've only noticed maybe 2 albums out of 7500 songs that show artwork on the radio screen. Do you know why that is?

Old 01-11-2013, 08:54 AM
xsdbs
Captain

All I know is that they use Grace note for the ID3 tags & artwork. On the 730N, I'm not the most familiar with it. Are you using the docking cable or streaming audio? There was an update released a few weeks back for your radio, you may want to check with the dealer to see if they can update the radio for you.

Originally Posted by DJ Hellfire
Do you have any information on how these radios, particularly the 730N, is able to view iPod artwork? I have some albums that I ripped from CD into windows media player several years ago, and I used itunes to retrieve the album artwork. However, some of the albums artwork shows on the nav screen, but most others do not! And 98% of my music has artwork. I've only noticed maybe 2 albums out of 7500 songs that show artwork on the radio screen. Do you know why that is?

Old 01-11-2013, 09:15 AM
DJ Hellfire
Veteran

All I know is that they use Grace note for the ID3 tags & artwork. On the 730N, I'm not the most familiar with it. Are you using the docking cable or streaming audio? There was an update released a few weeks back for your radio, you may want to check with the dealer to see if they can update the radio for you.
Yeah, I'm using the ipod cable! And yeah, I got the update by mail. I installed it a month ago! Someone suggested updating the Gracenote database, but the newest version on the MyGig site is from March 2011. But my truck is a 2012 and I think it was built in May 2012. So wouldn't it already have the newest database?

Old 01-14-2013, 07:11 AM
xsdbs
Captain

yes, being built in May 2012, I would think that you have the most current GN SW. I'll let you know if I hear anything about it, ok.

Originally Posted by DJ Hellfire
Yeah, I'm using the ipod cable! And yeah, I got the update by mail. I installed it a month ago! Someone suggested updating the Gracenote database, but the newest version on the MyGig site is from March 2011. But my truck is a 2012 and I think it was built in May 2012. So wouldn't it already have the newest database?

Old 02-09-2013, 08:32 PM
BungeBash

I was pretty sure my '12 charger used this radio. When I try to use the voice command or Phone Command buttons, saying "setup, software update" either changes the station to 600 or shows me a friends phone number. I've been really disappointed with the radio so far. I was hoping an update would save the day :-/ any thoughts? Also, I've tried the holding the phone button for 15 seconds to see the version but I get nothing.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:09 AM
BungeBash

Originally Posted by BungeBash
I was pretty sure my '12 charger used this radio. When I try to use the voice command or Phone Command buttons, saying "setup, software update" either changes the station to 600 or shows me a friends phone number. I've been really disappointed with the radio so far. I was hoping an update would save the day :-/ any thoughts? Also, I've tried the holding the phone button for 15 seconds to see the version but I get nothing.
argh, nm my girlfriends car is the RBZ. I have the crappy 8.4/RE2. I was hoping for some sort of update that may someday show metadata during a bluetooth stream. Its odd how her '12 chrylser 200 shows it from my phone, but my '12 dodge charger doesn't. They are both uConnect systems and my car was far more than hers .... Can anyone point me in the right direction for updates for the RE2?

Quick Reply: 2012 Uconnect SW update