Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2012 Uconnect SW update

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 12:22 PM
mmark27
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xsdbs

1) What network is the G III on? - sprint
2) What is the build date of your vehicle? - 11/11
3) When you broke the stereo, what did you do to it? Do you know what the dealer did to get it working? - I broke it by using your software to update the stereo software (not Uconnect). You had me download the software, burn it to a DVD and then try to update my stereo. The dealer apparently just put the correct update DVD in the drive and then it worked.
4) How have you tried "all kinds of phone SW"? I didn't think that you could go backwards once you updated the phone SW. - I have rooted my phone and have tried Cyanogenmod AOSP Android on my device as well as the stock software that comes with the device directly from Samsung. I have tried it on Android 4.0.1, 4.1.1 and 4.1.2, all of which have different tweaks to their bluetooth stacks. This, the AOSP, is different than the Samsung drivers and such that are used for Bluetooth. Alas, this was no different, the "call completed" during dialing still happened. The AOSP bluetooth connection DOES allow the sending of SMS messages through MAP, unlike the Samsung official software.
5) Have you tried a different phone to compare the results when making a call? - I haven't tried this yet. I'm going to sync my wife's up and test it. hard part is, it doesn't happen every single time, so I'm waiting for a road trip or something that won't disturb her precious phone usage.
6) Have you rebooted the phone by removing the battery from the phone for a few minutes and then reinsert it? I have seen this cure some phone issues. - yes, I've done all kinds of reboots and resets on the phone over the course of the last couple months this has been occurring.

Now just a little FYI about what happens when you place a call:

A) You use Uconnect to tell the phone to place a call and Uconnect also puts the radio into hands free mode,
B) Uconnect tells the phone to place the call,
C) The phone starts dialing the call,
D) Uconnect will ask the phone if there is an active call,
E) The phone needs to reply back with an answer of yes or no,
F) This answer will tell Uconnect if there is still a call, and if "yes" is the response then Uconnect will keep sending the message to the radio to stay in hands free mode. If the reply is "no" or there is no reply back from the phone at all, the Uconnect will tell the radio to go back to stereo mode as well as say "call completed".
G) If the call is still going thru on the phone but not thru Uconnect, then the phone did not reply back properly when it was asked about the call.
See my responses above.....The call works fine if you initiate it on the phone first, but occasionally the Uconnect lags during the dialing or the phone doesn't respond quickly enough that its still trying to connect or whatever causes the mis-sync to happen.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:16 PM
nowick
Professional

Worked perfect thanks

Old 03-08-2013, 02:22 PM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been using a friends Sprint G3 phone for about 3 days and have made close to 100 test calls on it without any of the "call completed" messages. I made a short video of the phone being paired and then in use.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:20 PM
al4295

xsdbs, I joined because I've seen you help some other people, I'm hoping you can help me out.

Recently, my uConnect is giving me issues. The phone is connected, but if I place a call, or someone calls me, the call will show up on the screen, but there is no audio. I'm hoping there is an update that may cure this. It is a company car, so being without it makes it hard to work!! Often I can delete the device, and reconnect it, and everything will work fine for a day or two, then it is back to the same thing. I reset my phone as well.

2012 Dodge Journey SXT, production date 4-12, VIN 3C4PDCBG5CT322476
4.3" radio, with Sirius. No updates have been done since I took delivery of the vehicle last May.

Phone is iPhone 4S, software is 6.1.2

Thank you!!

Old 03-13-2013, 08:05 AM
xsdbs
Captain

Hello and welcome. My experience is more with the RES, REQ,RBZ & RHB radios and their Uconnect system. Your vehicle doesn't use the same Uconnect system as the above radios. But, I have sent an email out to a friend to see if he can offer any suggestions for the issue. I'll let you know what I find out when I get a reply back, ok.
I do want to ask though if you have tried any other phone and if the results are the same as with the iPhone?

Originally Posted by al4295
xsdbs, I joined because I've seen you help some other people, I'm hoping you can help me out.

Recently, my uConnect is giving me issues. The phone is connected, but if I place a call, or someone calls me, the call will show up on the screen, but there is no audio. I'm hoping there is an update that may cure this. It is a company car, so being without it makes it hard to work!! Often I can delete the device, and reconnect it, and everything will work fine for a day or two, then it is back to the same thing. I reset my phone as well.

2012 Dodge Journey SXT, production date 4-12, VIN 3C4PDCBG5CT322476
4.3" radio, with Sirius. No updates have been done since I took delivery of the vehicle last May.

Phone is iPhone 4S, software is 6.1.2

Thank you!!

Old 03-13-2013, 08:49 AM
xsdbs
Captain

Did the video help you out at all? I have been using the phone now for a week with no issues.

I have been using a friends Sprint G3 phone for about 3 days and have made close to 100 test calls on it without any of the "call completed" messages. I made a short video of the phone being paired and then in use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXQNNZt6da8

Old 03-13-2013, 04:10 PM
al4295

I have not, maybe I'll try my wife's iPhone tonight and see if it will work. I appreciate you helping me out.

Thank you!

Hello and welcome. My experience is more with the RES, REQ,RBZ & RHB radios and their Uconnect system. Your vehicle doesn't use the same Uconnect system as the above radios. But, I have sent an email out to a friend to see if he can offer any suggestions for the issue. I'll let you know what I find out when I get a reply back, ok.
I do want to ask though if you have tried any other phone and if the results are the same as with the iPhone?

Old 03-18-2013, 05:41 PM
mmark27
Rookie

Did the video help you out at all? I have been using the phone now for a week with no issues.
Thanks for the video. My Durango works properly 75% of the time for me and I have no idea why it gives me that "call completed" prematurely. I've tried to get a video out it, but then its always successful. Would things get screwed up if I reflashed the Uconnect update in the OP even though I'm on that version already? Should I ask the dealer to reflash the RBZ sofware?

Unrelated question:

How many contacts do you have in your phone there in that video?
How are they in the phone? -> Google account synced contacts or "Phone" contact?

Mine chooses randomly which ones to download to the car. I have thousands of contacts with email addresses and less than 1000 with actual phone numbers. Google account synced. (I coach, so I have tons of phone numbers for parents and players) I haven't found any rhyme or reason which ones make the cut and which ones don't. I know the Uconnect has a limitation of 1000 contacts or something along those lines. Does it pull "all" contacts in, or just those with phone numbers??? I have to manually go in and add the numbers I actually need to call, its a frustration.

I have tried to copy over my most contacted people to "Phone" contacts, but that doesn't fix the situation.

Thanks for your help and your time to do that video. I really do appreciate your help.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:51 PM
al4295

OK, the latest, if you can get me some help. Today I cannot even go into the phone/bluetooth setup menu on the unit. If you select it on the screen, it does nothing. My phone does not even indicate that Uconnect is available or in pairing mode.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:55 AM
xsdbs
Captain

You're welcome for the video, I wanted you to see that I wasn't lying to you that I wasn't seeing the same issue as you're having. I'm curious on if you're experiencing a cell tower hand off. (when the signal is low and you're switched from one tower to the next). I had seen this issue with a friends BB phone that was on ATT. In fact, we were able to pin point the spot that it happened when he would call his wife after work. I went online reading about ATT related drop outs and found that even people in their homes would drop a call for a moment till they went into a different room or even a few feet away.
It would be interesting if when you got this message again if you tried the call again in a few feet or so to see if you still got that message.

Now in the other situation above that I mentioned, when the message "call completed" was heard, the call was also ended on the phone. With a few other phones that I saw this on, the phone was replying "false" when asked about the call. Uconnect would respond back with "call completed" but the call was still available on the phone. This may be different with your situation that you're having.
My family is on Sprint and there are times during the day when the towers are busy with a lot of people making calls where just a few feet will make a big difference with calls. Other times of the day I (we) can be in the same spot with absolutely no issues.

Ok, so on the other questions that you had,
1) The phone had about 750 contacts in it and appeared that they were linked to his Google account.
2) Having the contacts from a couple different groups wouldn't cause the phone to not reply back to Uconnect when it's asked about current calls.
3) Uconnect will support up to 1,000 contacts with up to (4) contact numbers for each contact. The contact numbers need to be of the following fields:
(A) mobile (B) home (C) work (D) pager <these fields can be duplicated {ex: the person may have 2 mobile numbers, 1 for work and 1 for personal}. when you say call "George, mobile", Uconnect will give you the option of which mobile number that you want to call>
4) Uconnect will only download contacts with phone numbers, it will not download an email address or a contact that may only have an email address (no phone numbers).
5) The phone book that you manually input a contact name & number is the Uconnect local phone book. It will support up to 32 contacts with up to (4) contact numbers per contact, using the same fields as mentioned above.

I hope this helps a bit.

Originally Posted by mmark27
Thanks for the video. My Durango works properly 75% of the time for me and I have no idea why it gives me that "call completed" prematurely. I've tried to get a video out it, but then its always successful. Would things get screwed up if I reflashed the Uconnect update in the OP even though I'm on that version already? Should I ask the dealer to reflash the RBZ sofware?

Unrelated question:

How many contacts do you have in your phone there in that video?
How are they in the phone? -> Google account synced contacts or "Phone" contact?

Mine chooses randomly which ones to download to the car. I have thousands of contacts with email addresses and less than 1000 with actual phone numbers. Google account synced. (I coach, so I have tons of phone numbers for parents and players) I haven't found any rhyme or reason which ones make the cut and which ones don't. I know the Uconnect has a limitation of 1000 contacts or something along those lines. Does it pull "all" contacts in, or just those with phone numbers??? I have to manually go in and add the numbers I actually need to call, its a frustration.

I have tried to copy over my most contacted people to "Phone" contacts, but that doesn't fix the situation.

Thanks for your help and your time to do that video. I really do appreciate your help.

Quick Reply: 2012 Uconnect SW update