Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2012 Uconnect SW update

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 09:36 PM
Lcm4msu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lcm4msu
I changed the name and it seems like it's working. My radio displays "SW UPDATE Started" and it's beeping.
How will I know if it worked?

Old 03-03-2015, 07:11 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

umm, darn. Wait a minute, I just reread your posts. Your vehicle already has the most current 2012 SW in it. It's kind of hard to remember all the different versions. The update will take the 2012 SW from 63.1.23 to the 63.2.48 (which you already have). That's why you were getting that error message that you heard.
Now may I ask if you are having an issue with Uconnect and that's why you were trying to update your system? If you are having an issue, would you please describe it so that I can see if I can help you out? Thanks and sorry that I didn't catch this sooner.

"After radio powers up wait about 15 seconds, then press and hold the uconnect phone button for about 15 seconds, the radio will start to say a few options and then something like please attach usb….. And then there will be a software version that comes up on the screen. Should be 63.02.48 V: HS: d2 or d1."

How will I know if it worked?

Last edited by xsdbs; 03-03-2015 at 07:33 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:40 AM
Lcm4msu

Originally Posted by xsdbs
umm, darn. Wait a minute, I just reread your posts. Your vehicle already has the most current 2012 SW in it. It's kind of hard to remember all the different versions. The update will take the 2012 SW from 63.1.23 to the 63.2.48 (which you already have). That's why you were getting that error message that you heard.
Now may I ask if you are having an issue with Uconnect and that's why you were trying to update your system? If you are having an issue, would you please describe it so that I can see if I can help you out? Thanks and sorry that I didn't catch this sooner.

"After radio powers up wait about 15 seconds, then press and hold the uconnect phone button for about 15 seconds, the radio will start to say a few options and then something like please attach usb….. And then there will be a software version that comes up on the screen. Should be 63.02.48 V: HS: d2 or d1."
Ringing and phone calls have been distorted intermittently. I have an iPhone 6 and I was hoping Siri would be able to connect and I would be able to get text alerts. Sprint is my wireless carrier.

Old 03-03-2015, 05:18 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Lcm4msu,

You can check specifically which phone features are supported based on your mobile device here: http://www.uconnectphone.com/.

Regarding the ringing and phone call distortion, how often does that occur? Have you made note of the conditions when it has occurred (e.g., driving in an area where signal may not be strong)?

Old 03-04-2015, 07:28 AM
xsdbs
Captain

Odd, That site says that the IPhone doesn't work at all when connected to the USB Docking cable. However, mine works fine.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:35 AM
xsdbs
Captain

If it's not a constant issue, it may be a network related issue. Because I have the IPhone 6 that I use for work which is on Sprint also and I haven't had this issue at all. Do you have another phone that you can try to see if the issue is still there?

Ringing and phone calls have been distorted intermittently. I have an iPhone 6 and I was hoping Siri would be able to connect and I would be able to get text alerts. Sprint is my wireless carrier.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:12 AM
Lcm4msu

If it's not a constant issue, it may be a network related issue. Because I have the IPhone 6 that I use for work which is on Sprint also and I haven't had this issue at all. Do you have another phone that you can try to see if the issue is still there?
It is definitely my UConnect! I was on the phone on the way to work this morning and it was ok at first and then it became distorted. I changed the audio from UConnect to my phone and it was clear.

Old 03-07-2015, 10:29 AM
xsdbs
Captain

Ok, so then if you stream audio from your phone, does it become distorted. the phone has to send the call thru a BT signal to Uconnect and then Uconnect sends the audio signal thru wires to the radio like an AUX signal. So it is still possible to be Uconnect, phone or network. Also do you have Wi-Fi turned on the phone? If so then can you try turning it off?

It is definitely my UConnect! I was on the phone on the way to work this morning and it was ok at first and then it became distorted. I changed the audio from UConnect to my phone and it was clear.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:19 PM
Lcm4msu

Ok, so then if you stream audio from your phone, does it become distorted. the phone has to send the call thru a BT signal to Uconnect and then Uconnect sends the audio signal thru wires to the radio like an AUX signal. So it is still possible to be Uconnect, phone or network. Also do you have Wi-Fi turned on the phone? If so then can you try turning it off?
I streamed audio today and it was fine and wi-fi was turned off.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:52 AM
xsdbs
Captain

Then I have to really doubt that the issue is with the Uconnect module. The reason is because the audio signal for streaming audio and for calls are sent to the radio via the same set of wires. The problem could be in the BT packets that are being sent to Uconnect from the phone. If there's any type of interference with the packets, they can be slowed down or even dropped which can't be retrieved. Have you tried a different phone, did you have this issue before with your old phone? Have you tried rebooting the phone by holding the power and home buttons till the Apple is displayed and then releasing them? The phone now reboots. then try it.

I streamed audio today and it was fine and wi-fi was turned off.

Quick Reply: 2012 Uconnect SW update