Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2012 Uconnect SW update

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 11:16 PM
djayabsolute
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks xsdbs after the update this evening there is no longer distorted noise playing music through Bluetooth or my ipod classic not working via usb after this update.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:34 PM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're welcome, happy to help.

Originally Posted by djayabsolute
thanks xsdbs after the update this evening there is no longer distorted noise playing music through Bluetooth or my ipod classic not working via usb after this update.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:49 PM
brandonleblanc3
Default 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT

Hey xsdbs,

I pulled this file and followed the instructions as per the first post. I know this was quite old but it was the only thing I could find on the net. I was pairing my iPhone 6plus via bluetooth but the music was terrible quality (way worse than shoddy FM) so I figured this might work.
The 2012 Grand Caravan I have has the RBZ radio, sirius, VES, backup camera...
It took the update seemingly fine. ~23 min. Followed all instructions. Verified the version.
Now when trying to pair the Uconnect to my phone, it doesn't appear in my bluetooth list.
It worked with phone pairing for hands free calling prior to the update, now I cannot even connect to have that function.

Any ideas?

hope you're still around...

Old 06-29-2015, 07:44 AM
xsdbs
Captain

Good morning,
I'm still around here and there.
The first thing that I'd do is to delete the pairing of the phone too Uconnect and Uconnect from the phone. Then I'd also reboot the phone by holding the home and power buttons till the apple is displayed then release them and the phone will reboot. I have been doing reboots on my IPhones since I had the 4. Rebooting isn't the same as turning it off and back on, also it's not a hard reset where you lose your stored data.
Once this is done, then start a fresh pairing cycle. Let me know if this works out for you, okay.
xsdbs

Originally Posted by brandonleblanc3
Hey xsdbs,

I pulled this file and followed the instructions as per the first post. I know this was quite old but it was the only thing I could find on the net. I was pairing my iPhone 6plus via bluetooth but the music was terrible quality (way worse than shoddy FM) so I figured this might work.
The 2012 Grand Caravan I have has the RBZ radio, sirius, VES, backup camera...
It took the update seemingly fine. ~23 min. Followed all instructions. Verified the version.
Now when trying to pair the Uconnect to my phone, it doesn't appear in my bluetooth list.
It worked with phone pairing for hands free calling prior to the update, now I cannot even connect to have that function.

Any ideas?

hope you're still around...

Old 06-30-2015, 12:05 AM
brandonleblanc3
Thumbs up

Hey,

I had unpaired, did the "forget this device", deleted it from Uconnect, turned phone off and back on. But I didn't think of a hard reboot like that. I'm familiar with doing it but that didn't come to mind as a fix.

BUT, when I did it, worked perfectly! I am all synced back up and the BT audio streaming is awesome now!!
Thanks for the quick input.

How are you so good at this and willing to help so many people over so many years?

Update w/ instructions verified and successful!

Originally Posted by xsdbs
Good morning,
I'm still around here and there.
The first thing that I'd do is to delete the pairing of the phone too Uconnect and Uconnect from the phone. Then I'd also reboot the phone by holding the home and power buttons till the apple is displayed then release them and the phone will reboot. I have been doing reboots on my IPhones since I had the 4. Rebooting isn't the same as turning it off and back on, also it's not a hard reset where you lose your stored data.
Once this is done, then start a fresh pairing cycle. Let me know if this works out for you, okay.
xsdbs

Old 07-01-2015, 07:11 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Wink

that's great news, glad that you were able to get it working again. I have to reboot my phones for reasons other than just BT related. I randomly just do it because it doesn't take long to do and it keeps me from missing calls, messages and also connection issues.
ahh, that's a mystery that I'm still working on. However, It's my pleasure to help where I can.

Originally Posted by brandonleblanc3
Hey,

I had unpaired, did the "forget this device", deleted it from Uconnect, turned phone off and back on. But I didn't think of a hard reboot like that. I'm familiar with doing it but that didn't come to mind as a fix.

BUT, when I did it, worked perfectly! I am all synced back up and the BT audio streaming is awesome now!!
Thanks for the quick input.

How are you so good at this and willing to help so many people over so many years?

Update w/ instructions verified and successful!

Old 07-24-2015, 01:38 PM
Dontdlay
Smile late to this but still hoping to stream audio via BT

I am now at least a bit hopeful about my Uconnect 430 rbz, after reading all the ALL the forums and I just want to clarify:
1. if I update the sw that was part of tsb TSB # 08-036-11A, will I ruin anything? Gain anything?
2.am I right to think I will either need to order the updated module cord so that I can flash via the module? or ask a dealer to do it?

-have not been able to get Bluetooth to stream audio at all, doesn't even look like an option
-audio calls are sketchy at best
Thanks! I have learned a lot so far

My Specs
-uconnect 430 rbz, 2010 dodge grand caravan sxt, Canada
-30 pin ipod hook up in the glovebox (just unwrapped the plastic from the cord) but wouldn't recognize my iPhone at all
-iPhone 4s

Old 09-14-2015, 08:09 AM
xsdbs
Captain

Sorry but I am just now seeing this post. Are you still working on the radio issue or have questions?

Originally Posted by Dontdlay
I am now at least a bit hopeful about my Uconnect 430 rbz, after reading all the ALL the forums and I just want to clarify:
1. if I update the sw that was part of tsb TSB # 08-036-11A, will I ruin anything? Gain anything?
2.am I right to think I will either need to order the updated module cord so that I can flash via the module? or ask a dealer to do it?

-have not been able to get Bluetooth to stream audio at all, doesn't even look like an option
-audio calls are sketchy at best
Thanks! I have learned a lot so far

My Specs
-uconnect 430 rbz, 2010 dodge grand caravan sxt, Canada
-30 pin ipod hook up in the glovebox (just unwrapped the plastic from the cord) but wouldn't recognize my iPhone at all
-iPhone 4s

Old 10-07-2015, 04:50 PM
Katmandu
Professional
Question

Originally Posted by xsdbs
Sorry but I am just now seeing this post. Are you still working on the radio issue or have questions?
I too have a 430 RBZ with issues. It's in a 2014 Jeep Compass. The screen went grey (with lines) the other day. Lost a most functionality. It was like that for (1) day and now appears back to normal.

I called UConnect, the said updates were available. I already had a scheduled appointment with the dealer today. Took it in, Service Advisor said radio would NOT accept the updates and I need a new radio. He ordered it and I'll get it installed when it gets here.

He said this is a known issue for the RBZ in the Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep line up.

Any way I can save re-download my files/settings off this old radio before it gets removed ???

Old 10-08-2015, 07:52 AM
xsdbs
Captain

As far as I know you can't save any files that you have on the radio.
On a different note, I'd be curious as to which "updates" he was trying to perform on the radio. If he was trying SW updates for Uconnect and was attempting to do them thru the radio itself, this won't work. However if he was only attempting the radio updates then he's probably correct.
Uconnect is a separate module from the radio and has it's own SW versions / updates so any SW update for Uconnect has to be done using a thumb drive and the remote mounted USB connector in the center console or glovebox depending on the vehicle. (Patriot has it in the glovebox).

Originally Posted by Katmandu
I too have a 430 RBZ with issues. It's in a 2014 Jeep Compass. The screen went grey (with lines) the other day. Lost a most functionality. It was like that for (1) day and now appears back to normal.

I called UConnect, the said updates were available. I already had a scheduled appointment with the dealer today. Took it in, Service Advisor said radio would NOT accept the updates and I need a new radio. He ordered it and I'll get it installed when it gets here.

He said this is a known issue for the RBZ in the Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep line up.

Any way I can save re-download my files/settings off this old radio before it gets removed ???

Quick Reply: 2012 Uconnect SW update