Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Uconnect and iPhone 5

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 12:46 PM
rraben
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uconnect and iPhone 5

I have a 2008 Dodge 1500. I had Uconnect installed after my original purchase, so instead of being integrated into the dash they added a little pod that sticks onto the dash with a speaker that sticks onto the post. It has consistently worked with my iPhone 4 for several years. I got a new iPhone 5 and have had a problem keeping the phone connected to Uconnect. I can pair the phone and it works. The next time I start up my truck, my uconnect may or may not connect with the phone. If it does not, I have to turn bluetooth off on the phone, then turn it back on and it may connect with Uconnect. Sometimes I have to repair the phone.

Is there an upgrade or something I have to do with my uconnect system to be compatible with iphone 5? I've already had the phone replaced once (for a different reason) and the problem still persists. So I don't think it is the phone.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Old 03-18-2013, 12:49 PM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You shouldn't be having any problems. Do you have any other phone paired to the system?

Originally Posted by rraben
I have a 2008 Dodge 1500. I had Uconnect installed after my original purchase, so instead of being integrated into the dash they added a little pod that sticks onto the dash with a speaker that sticks onto the post. It has consistently worked with my iPhone 4 for several years. I got a new iPhone 5 and have had a problem keeping the phone connected to Uconnect. I can pair the phone and it works. The next time I start up my truck, my uconnect may or may not connect with the phone. If it does not, I have to turn bluetooth off on the phone, then turn it back on and it may connect with Uconnect. Sometimes I have to repair the phone.

Is there an upgrade or something I have to do with my uconnect system to be compatible with iphone 5? I've already had the phone replaced once (for a different reason) and the problem still persists. So I don't think it is the phone.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Old 04-08-2013, 08:20 PM
rraben
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only other phone I had used with the system was an iPhone 4 and it worked perfectly. And for several years. I can't help but think there is a bluetooth version problem or something like that.

Quick Reply: Uconnect and iPhone 5