Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Uconnect Problems Connecting

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 08:52 AM
sandraft
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The real problem is that they need to change a module that they don't want to change. They will try to take the battery out in order to try to reset it, and it may or may not work, and if it works, it works only for a bit. I'll tell you what they did to me. They changed the whole radio and it still didn't fix it. The second trip to the dealer they decided to order the module that they should have ordered in the first place, but they are advised what to order and when. So they try the quick fix first...the module takes a bit to install. This brings back memories...it was very frustrating and wasted a bunch of my time. They don't care...

Old 02-10-2015, 01:35 PM
maryannamu

Do you know the name of the module?

Old 02-11-2015, 04:48 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by maryannamu
In my original case it turned out to be a loose cable to the unit. Fixing that and a software update took care of the problem. But it's been in two more times for the same thing since then. Oddly enough it's sitting at the dealership right now. This time they are saying (again) they are just going to replace the whole unit. We'll see what happens this time.
maryannamu,

What was the result? Did they replace the unit?

Old 02-12-2015, 04:05 PM
maryannamu

We don't really know yet--it is still in the shop (they had some paint work to do before they moved on to this part). They have told us they will do "whatever it takes" to get it fixed, but didn't elaborate on what that was. I will definitely post as soon as we find out.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:33 PM
maryannamu

They called us last week to tell us the car was ready. When we got there we tested out the Bluetooth and it still was not working. They told us they had only done a software update (again). So they kept the car. We got it back yesterday and they said they replaced the hands-free module (finally). So far, so good but we'll see.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:27 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by maryannamu
They called us last week to tell us the car was ready. When we got there we tested out the Bluetooth and it still was not working. They told us they had only done a software update (again). So they kept the car. We got it back yesterday and they said they replaced the hands-free module (finally). So far, so good but we'll see.
maryannamu,

I'm pleased to hear the replacement has taken place and your concern is resolved.

Keep us posted in the future if you can.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:54 PM
Eileenisley
Angry Not Happy!

I also have the same hands-free system loading please wait message, on a 2012 Dodge Journey 8.4, I would like to have this fixed but I don't really want to have to have it in the shop constantly(loaners are crap, truly) this our forth new vehicle from Dodge if they do not want to replace it correctly the first time then this will most certainly be our last!

Old 04-13-2015, 10:44 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Eileenisley
I also have the same hands-free system loading please wait message, on a 2012 Dodge Journey 8.4, I would like to have this fixed but I don't really want to have to have it in the shop constantly(loaners are crap, truly) this our forth new vehicle from Dodge if they do not want to replace it correctly the first time then this will most certainly be our last!
Hi Eileenisley,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your concern. Does your Uconnect system have the latest software updates? You can check if any are available for your vehicle here: https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do

If everything is up to date, I would recommend bringing your vehicle to an FCA dealership so they can formally diagnose the vehicle and see if a new module is necessary to repair your concern, such as in maryannamu’s case.

Old 02-17-2016, 09:05 PM
jrbarrie83

I have had this issue for about a year now as well on my 2012 Charger. With as much as I have seen about this online, occurring in models all across the company, Chrysler seriously ought to issue a recall and fix this. Mine, naturally, gave out just after my warranty expired. As much as I like the hands-free system, I'm not about to spend $1000+ to get it back.

Old 02-19-2016, 06:55 PM
Onefreedrink
Default Same, recall needed

Same issue with our 2013 journey. Stopped working within 1000 miles of warranty... TONS of issues with this. System wouldn't take updates before, took it in. Now this. Sick of it.

Originally Posted by jrbarrie83
I have had this issue for about a year now as well on my 2012 Charger. With as much as I have seen about this online, occurring in models all across the company, Chrysler seriously ought to issue a recall and fix this. Mine, naturally, gave out just after my warranty expired. As much as I like the hands-free system, I'm not about to spend $1000+ to get it back.

Quick Reply: Uconnect Problems Connecting