Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Android 4.3 issues with Uconnect

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 11:58 AM
mmark27
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cooperstown39
Yeah, I have no idea why this worked. Just a heads-up, this worked for my 2014 Wrangler. It even reads text messages now. However, it did not work with my 2011 Grand Cherokee (same 430N radio). I hope the Verizon update is soon.
Doing this prompted me to use "Car Mode" on my S5. Did you set up Car Mode? At any rate, I tried this and then also set up Car Mode. Neither of them made a difference at all in connectivity, text messages, or phone book transfer. It's almost comical the contacts it chooses to sync from my phone. I have the 430RBZ radio in my 2012 Durango.

It's funny for me to imagine a jeep wrangler with a touch screen stereo. I had a 1987 Wrangler (first year for the YJ) and I'd say that thing was the furthest from a refined lifestyle. ha. I rhino lined it all, rarely had the top or carpets in and from the months of June through September, never had any doors. I wouldn't put anything in that jeep that couldn't be removed easily (so it wasn't stolen) or sealed up for weather. Had my stereo in the console. Man, I loved that thing. Can't wait to buy another in a few years when my girls grow up a bit more.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:03 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have read where others have also tried this and had no luck with it. There's really no reason why it should work because all it does is locate the vehicle or any other BT device that it paired to. It doesn't tell Uconnect anything about the phone call status.

Originally Posted by mmark27
Man, there is really no reason why that should work at all, but I'll give it a shot next time I'm in the car. I'm hoping that this software update that's been passed to Sprint and Verizon gets implemented quickly and fixes all the above for the Uconnect.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:51 PM
burger2go
Default Same thing!

I have that problem with mine also, but with a Galaxy 3 and a Galaxy 4, a Samsung Stratosphere II. My calls drop, but only when I am placing them and only about 85% of the time.

The dealer replaced the bluetooth module, but it was not improved at all. I have no issues with these devices and my Kia or Ford.

Could it be a problem with the UConnect controller in the radio?

Old 08-23-2014, 09:07 PM
burger2go
Default Never Mind.

I had a chance to read all the thread - good information. I will hope that the fix is in soon.

It makes sense - my Galaxy 3 worked great, and then one day it didn't - must have got the bad update....

Old 08-24-2014, 11:14 AM
xsdbs
Captain

well replacing the module will only end up with the same results. As mentioned in the very beginning of this thread, the issue ids not caused by Uconnect, it is caused by the phone and it's Android SW version. All earlier versions worked fine until people updated to Android 4.3 & 4.4. This alone should tell you that the issue is with the phone.

Originally Posted by burger2go
I have that problem with mine also, but with a Galaxy 3 and a Galaxy 4, a Samsung Stratosphere II. My calls drop, but only when I am placing them and only about 85% of the time.

The dealer replaced the bluetooth module, but it was not improved at all. I have no issues with these devices and my Kia or Ford.

Could it be a problem with the UConnect controller in the radio?

Old 08-24-2014, 11:17 AM
xsdbs
Captain

This is what I find quite interesting, people know that their phones work before the update, then they have a problem and want to blame the car kit. Logic would have to say that nothing was changed with the car kit bit was changed with the phone.

Originally Posted by burger2go
I had a chance to read all the thread - good information. I will hope that the fix is in soon.

It makes sense - my Galaxy 3 worked great, and then one day it didn't - must have got the bad update....

Old 01-28-2015, 08:02 AM
xsdbs
Captain

For all others that I haven't personally helped with this issue, there is now a TSB thru the Dealers for it. The TSB # is 08-112-14.

***** For those that I have already helped, there is nothing new in this patch, it's the same as what I helped you with.****

Old 01-29-2015, 07:37 PM
mmark27
Rookie

Originally Posted by xsdbs
For all others that I haven't personally helped with this issue, there is now a TSB thru the Dealers for it. The TSB # is 08-112-14.

***** For those that I have already helped, there is nothing new in this patch, it's the same as what I helped you with.****
Xsdbs, thank you for all your efforts on this for us. We are truly grateful. You rock, man.

Old 02-04-2015, 08:06 AM
xsdbs
Captain

You're welcome mmark27, I'm glad that I could help you all out.

Originally Posted by mmark27
Xsdbs, thank you for all your efforts on this for us. We are truly grateful. You rock, man.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:19 PM
durangomomma

Originally Posted by xsdbs

Xsdbs, do you think this patch will work for the galaxy 6?
Does it also allow you to make outgoing calls without them dropping?
Has android, sprint or samsung addressed this problem?

Quick Reply: Android 4.3 issues with Uconnect