Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Uconnect 430RHB unlock from VIN

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 04:36 PM
Xnaron
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uconnect 430RBZ unlock from VIN

I'm going to be installing a Uconnect 430N RHB into my 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. This will free up the Uconnect 430 RBZ that is in there. I would like to sell it but I understand that these units get locked to the VIN. Is there a way I can unlock it myself? If not does anyone have experience doing this at the dealership? When I called and explained what I wanted to do they couldn't quote me a cost over the phone but said I needed to bring it in and it would either be a shop fee or programming fee. I don't want them to take the unit out I just want them to unlock it and provide a PIN so it can be married to the VIN on another vehicle.

I'd really appreciate anyone who has any experience with this posting some of their insights.

thanks,
Brendin

Last edited by Xnaron; 07-22-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:50 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 2011 vehicles don't have the VIN lock on them. This feature started in 2012. So anyone that buys your radio won't have an issue. Also you can't clear it. This has to be done by the service or parts mgr. I have listed the instructions on how to get the code below:

Steps to getting radio security code

This bulletin is supplied as technical information only and is not an authorization for repair. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system,
or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without written permission of Chrysler Group LLC.
SUBJECT:
Radio Anti-Theft Codes
MODELS:
2012 (JK) Jeep Wrangler
2012 (JC) Journey
2012 (LD) Charger
2012 (LX) 300
2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger
2012 (KK) Jeep Liberty
2012 (LX) Chrysler 300
2012 (JS) Chrysler 200/Dodge Avenger
2012 (MK) Jeep Compass/Patriot
2012 (PM) Caliber
2012 (WK) Jeep Cherokee
2012 (WD) Dodge Durango
2012 (DS) Ram 1500 PICKUP
2012 (DJ) Ram 2500 PICKUP
2012 (DD) Ram 3500 CAB CHASSIS
2012 (D2) Ram 3500 PICKUP
2012 (DP) 4500/5500 CAB CHASSIS
2012 (DD) (MEXICO) REG CAB CHASSIS
DISCUSSION:
Starting in 2012 model year radios will come equipped with an anti-theft feature. Once a
radio is installed in a vehicle, it learns the vehicle’s VIN and cannot be used in another
vehicle unless an anti-theft code is applied.
NUMBER:
08-051-11
GROUP:
Electrical
DATE:
August 20, 2011

PROCEDURE TO OBTAIN ANTI-THEFT CODE:
1. Call 1-800-448-0944
2. Request anti-theft code.
3. State dealer code.
4. State radio serial number.
5. State VIN
6. The 4-digit anti-theft code will be provided.
NOTE: Radio anti-theft code call center support is available from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Eastern Time Monday through Friday.
RADIO ANTI-THEFT CODE PROCEDURE
1. Ignition in the run position.
2. Press the ON/VOL control.
3. The word
CODE
or
Please enter Anti-Theft Code
will appear on the display.
4. Enter the 4-digit code by pressing the corresponding preset buttons in sequence.
NOTE: If three successive attempts are made to enter an invalid anti-theft code the
radio will enter a ‘WAIT’ state. While in this state the radio display will read
‘WAIT’. To exit the ‘WAIT’ state the radio must remain powered with the
ignition in the run position for a continuous 30 minutes (the vehicle may be
driven during this time). After exiting the ‘WAIT’ state the radio will again
display ‘CODE’ and a valid anti-theft code may be entered.
Policy:
Information only.
08-051-11 -2-

Originally Posted by Xnaron
I'm going to be installing a Uconnect 430N RHB into my 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. This will free up the Uconnect 430 RBZ that is in there. I would like to sell it but I understand that these units get locked to the VIN. Is there a way I can unlock it myself? If not does anyone have experience doing this at the dealership? When I called and explained what I wanted to do they couldn't quote me a cost over the phone but said I needed to bring it in and it would either be a shop fee or programming fee. I don't want them to take the unit out I just want them to unlock it and provide a PIN so it can be married to the VIN on another vehicle.

I'd really appreciate anyone who has any experience with this posting some of their insights.

thanks,
Brendin

Old 07-30-2014, 12:35 PM
Xnaron
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for posting this. Very helpful.

Quick Reply: Uconnect 430RHB unlock from VIN