Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

uconnect

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 05:36 PM
langlois1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uconnect

2010 Dodge journey. 60000 km CD DVD player stopped working. No warranty left so they wanted to replace it for the tune of almost $2000.00. Didn't have the funds for that so didn't bother. Now after having the car in for tune up..the dealer did updates to my system and I'm without my files on the hard drive and no GPS. It rebooted a bunch of times and now there's an error saying tag file error. I took pictures of it so you can see what I'm talking about. I've had nothing but trouble with this car, which is too bad because I really like it. Just wish someone could fix this problem as it was part of the reason I bought this car less than a year ago. I've done the soft boot with no luck. Its saying i have 16.291gb and ive used 16.291 gb but there are no files that i can see. Do you think its caused by the updates at the dealer? This all happened the night before i was leaving for Nova Scotia and it was so frustrating not having my Gps or music/ dvd cd . Any help would be appreciated. If there is a way to send these pictures please let me know. Thanks.

Old 08-14-2014, 03:14 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by langlois1
2010 Dodge journey. 60000 km CD DVD player stopped working. No warranty left so they wanted to replace it for the tune of almost $2000.00. Didn't have the funds for that so didn't bother. Now after having the car in for tune up..the dealer did updates to my system and I'm without my files on the hard drive and no GPS. It rebooted a bunch of times and now there's an error saying tag file error. I took pictures of it so you can see what I'm talking about. I've had nothing but trouble with this car, which is too bad because I really like it. Just wish someone could fix this problem as it was part of the reason I bought this car less than a year ago. I've done the soft boot with no luck. Its saying i have 16.291gb and ive used 16.291 gb but there are no files that i can see. Do you think its caused by the updates at the dealer? This all happened the night before i was leaving for Nova Scotia and it was so frustrating not having my Gps or music/ dvd cd . Any help would be appreciated. If there is a way to send these pictures please let me know. Thanks.
langlois1,

I'm sorry to hear about your radio and GPS concerns.

How soon after the flash did you notice your files couldn't be located? Was the loss of function immediate or did it work for a short period after the flash? Have you had a chance to notify the dealer of your concerns, or contacted a dealer in Nova Scotia?

Old 08-15-2014, 07:35 AM
langlois1

Didn't really flash. The updates were done Thursday morning and we left on our trip at 4pm that day. It was working fine (except for the CD/DVD) until we stopped for gas an hour later. When we started the car. Message saying updating music files or something like that cane up. Only option was hit OK. We just assumed it was still catching up on the updates. After that every time we stopped it would do the same thing. No GPS until we arrived at our destination 17 hours later. Then it came back on until we shut the engine off and it was gone again. My hard drive is saying I have 16.29gb...and I've used 16.29gb. I had music files on my HD but it was more like 150mb if that. I took it into the dealer first thing when we got home. Guy that worked on it before said he had no idea why it was doing that and I needed to make an appointment. Not sure why it couldn't be dealt with then and there. He went on holidays this week so was going to bring it in on my Friday off next week. ( another day off spent at the dealer)
Last night I had another thing happen, got onto the 401 and lost power. Not a great thing when you need to get your speed up to 100km quickly. It was like it wasn't shifting into gear. Something else to add to my list.

Last edited by langlois1; 08-15-2014 at 07:47 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:36 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by langlois1
Didn't really flash. The updates were done Thursday morning and we left on our trip at 4pm that day. It was working fine (except for the CD/DVD) until we stopped for gas an hour later. When we started the car. Message saying updating music files or something like that cane up. Only option was hit OK. We just assumed it was still catching up on the updates. After that every time we stopped it would do the same thing. No GPS until we arrived at our destination 17 hours later. Then it came back on until we shut the engine off and it was gone again. My hard drive is saying I have 16.29gb...and I've used 16.29gb. I had music files on my HD but it was more like 150mb if that. I took it into the dealer first thing when we got home. Guy that worked on it before said he had no idea why it was doing that and I needed to make an appointment. Not sure why it couldn't be dealt with then and there. He went on holidays this week so was going to bring it in on my Friday off next week. ( another day off spent at the dealer)
Last night I had another thing happen, got onto the 401 and lost power. Not a great thing when you need to get your speed up to 100km quickly. It was like it wasn't shifting into gear. Something else to add to my list.
langlois1,

Your appointment for Friday will provide additional details. Based on your description, is seems as though the symptom can be duplicated for the dealer Service Dept.

Regarding the loss of power, be sure to notify the Service Manager and investigate if any fault codes were present.

Keep us posted on the results if you can.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:52 PM
Batt4Christ

I would say I would hold the dealer responsible for your unit... Their efforts to update it's software killed off the remaining functionality.

Quick Reply: uconnect