Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

MyGIG Help Needed REN/RER Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 12:03 PM
route66
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MyGIG Help Needed REN/RER Bluetooth

I picked up what the seller believed to be on eBay was a 430 REN MyGIG. It has the 430 REN faceplate on it but has the bluetooth nav antenna port on the back. I asked the seller about this but they didn't really know anything about stereos. Picked it up for $300.

I got it, and plugged everything in and it turns out it's actually a RER with a REN faceplate. Navigation works fine, voice recognition works great. I learned that the DVD/CD drive was broken so I was able to replace the drive on my own pretty easily. It was running 2.043 apps so I updated it to 2.404.

The problem I'm running into is with bluetooth. When I go into the menu to pair my phone the pair button is greyed out. I can however access it through the voice recognition feature..however the stereo never shows up on my phone. I went into the engineering menu to enable the JK VR/HRM and it was greyed out so that's not an option either.

Any ideas on how to get the bluetooth feature working? Mic works fine for the voice recognition and the stereo recognizes it..so its not something with that, and the stereo is running 2.404....

Quick Reply: MyGIG Help Needed REN/RER Bluetooth