Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

SIRI and Uconnect now work together

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 07:15 PM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SIRI and Uconnect now work together

I have a contact that was able to modify the Uconnect SW so that SIRI, visual voice mail and voice messages will now work. I made a short video on using SIRI and Visual Voice mail with Uconnect. The phone that I was using is a 4S however I have also used the 5 & 5S. The radio is the RHB but this SW modification will also work on the RES, REQ & RBZ radios.
After I made the video, it was brought to my attention that with iOS 8.02, that you can use SIRI without having to press the home button. But in order for this feature to work, the phone has to be plugged into a power source (lighter charger), this is how Apple has this feature working.
The video is at YouTube and the link to it is:

20141002 1547081 - YouTube

Hope you enjoy it.

I apologize, I meant to mention that my contact who did this modification is asking to get $20 for this file. He's spent some time getting into the SW and figuring it out. This can be paid thru a PayPal account that I'll send when you PM me about it. There have been about a dozen people add this to their Uconnect and are fully enjoying it.

Quick Reply: SIRI and Uconnect now work together