Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2014 Ram 1500 XM Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 11:23 AM
Dakota B'y
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Ram 1500 XM Not Working

I have a 2014 Ram 1500 SLT that since i picked it up from the dealer the XM radio has not worked. Spoke with Siruis multiple times, nothing worked. Took back to dealer, it was said that a weak signal was coming from the radio. Brought it back to have radio replaced, same ssue with new radio. Funny thing is, the XM only works in the dealership parking lot. Any thoughts? Could it be the antenna, a cable?

Old 12-09-2014, 11:41 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dakota B'y
I have a 2014 Ram 1500 SLT that since i picked it up from the dealer the XM radio has not worked. Spoke with Siruis multiple times, nothing worked. Took back to dealer, it was said that a weak signal was coming from the radio. Brought it back to have radio replaced, same ssue with new radio. Funny thing is, the XM only works in the dealership parking lot. Any thoughts? Could it be the antenna, a cable?
Dakota B'y,

I'm sorry to hear about your radio issue. It is entirely possible the issue can be related to an antenna or connection error. How far off the dealer lot is the signal lost? Does this occur with other vehicles on the lot as well?

Old 12-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Dakota B'y

Dave P.

It's lost about 15 feet off the lot. My father has a brand new Journey, bought from the same dealer and he doesn't have issues with his XM.

Old 12-09-2014, 05:13 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker

Dave P.

It's lost about 15 feet off the lot. My father has a brand new Journey, bought from the same dealer and he doesn't have issues with his XM.
Dakota B'y,

Further diagnosis would be required as the radio replacement has not resolved the issue. Have you had an opportunity to speak with the Service Manager?

Old 12-10-2014, 08:26 AM
Dakota B'y

Dave P.

I have been talking with service manager through email, and I have emailed im multiple times. He asked for the Siruis ID number, and has tried to reflash the radio with no success. He's asked me if I have a subscription for satellite, and is it possible the tral has expired. I responsed to him that ths is a brand new truck that I've only had a month, and that it has not working since picking the truck up.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:52 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker

Dave P.

I have been talking with service manager through email, and I have emailed im multiple times. He asked for the Siruis ID number, and has tried to reflash the radio with no success. He's asked me if I have a subscription for satellite, and is it possible the tral has expired. I responsed to him that ths is a brand new truck that I've only had a month, and that it has not working since picking the truck up.
Dakota B'y,

I would like to take a closer look into this for you, feel free to PM me your VIN # and the dealer you are working with.

Old 12-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Dakota B'y

Dave P.

I spoke with the service manager this morning, he said that himself, shop foreman and a engineer were working on the issue. Later in the day, he emailed me saying that the engineer would like to check the antenna. The service manager said that it should be ok because it was checked when they changed the radio. Im going there after work so they can check the antenna. I will let you know. I will also PM you the info. Thanks

Old 12-11-2014, 08:32 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker

Dave P.

I spoke with the service manager this morning, he said that himself, shop foreman and a engineer were working on the issue. Later in the day, he emailed me saying that the engineer would like to check the antenna. The service manager said that it should be ok because it was checked when they changed the radio. Im going there after work so they can check the antenna. I will let you know. I will also PM you the info. Thanks
Dakota B'y,

Thanks for the feedback. Your dealer is utilizing the resources available in order to isolate the issue and your Service Manager will keep you informed.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:59 AM
Dakota B'y

Took truck over last night after work to the dealership. They checked a few things. Connection n the RH kickpad. The tech said it was kinda loose, so he disconnected and reconnected it. Checked some other things with antenna. Took it for a drive. When the tech came back he siad he lost the XM as soon as he left the parking lot of the dealership. They think it could be the antenna. They are baffled of why it works in there lot and not anywhere else. I ask the tech if he checked the cable for power, he siad there was. Waiting on a new antenna.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:26 PM
Dakota B'y

Antenna will be in tomorrow. Dropping my truck off to try new antenna. Ask the service manager if they could try the antenna before having to remove to much trim and dropping the headliner. I would hate for it not to work after taking some of the truck apart to find thats not the problem. Possiblity of damaging headliner and trim.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ram 1500 XM Not Working