Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Uconnect low volume

Old 07-23-2016, 07:12 PM
jjk454ss
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uconnect low volume

I just picked up a 2016 caravan, it has the basic non-touchscreen radio. The volume when listening to FM radio is fine, I can have it set between 10 and 15 out of 40 and hear it just fine. But if I connect my phone, Bluetooth or USB the volume has to be between 35 and 40 which is max volume. If I try to use the auxiliary jack I get a ton of feedback/noise. I don't believe it's the cable because I've used the same two cables in my other vehicle with no feedback at all.

No just having the volume cranked it to 100% isn't the end of the world I guess, except every single time you shut the vehicle off or disconnect the phone, it switches back to the radio which is then also add max volume and it sounds like you're going to blow your eardrums out.

I just can't believe that the Uconnect is that terrible, is this an issue with my stereo?

Old 08-30-2016, 10:11 AM
Jarad13
Default Same Issue

Hey have you found an answer to this issue? I have a 2011 1500 Laramie with the Alpine system and am having the same issues. The only exception is I have no mids/lows from any of the speakers.

Old 08-30-2016, 11:51 AM
jjk454ss

Originally Posted by Jarad13
Hey have you found an answer to this issue? I have a 2011 1500 Laramie with the Alpine system and am having the same issues. The only exception is I have no mids/lows from any of the speakers.
Unfortunately no, Dodge gives me a BS answer that the problem is my iPhone is not compatible. According to them if I stay behind 2 updates then I'll be ok. But because Apple updates software they can't keep up to date. It's BS and they know it.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:15 PM
Jarad13

yeah that sounds like total BS. So I guess the question is now do I replace the head unit?? I eventually want to put in an amp/sub combo under the back seat and would like better quality than using the stock system so I think this is the way to go.

Although I keep reading about factory amps/subs in most Laramie models, mine doesn't have one in all the locations mentioned in the forums. I'm going to check under the dash to make sure, but if I don't find one, I'm going to assume that there isn't one there.

You have any plans to upgrade?

Old 08-30-2016, 02:42 PM
jjk454ss

Good luck, I plan on keeping it stock and hope a software update fixes it.

Old 07-08-2021, 01:44 AM
Ravenb114
Default Same

Same here in my 2015 Ram..Volume is super low and no mids and maybe nothing in the rear speakers even..possibly why its so low volume. Sometimes its fully functional but other times its not. I can not for the life of me figure out what triggers it. New cords, different phones, start low volume start high, plug in first or after start etcetc. Such a bummer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Uconnect low volume