Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

factory uconnect install question >>>>

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 11:35 AM
mayo68
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: factory uconnect install question >>>>

Paul....I'm on the case! I'll do some research to find part #'s. I gotta have this in my truck.
Thanks,
greg.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:21 PM
Rgory
Rookie

Paul,

The mirror harness you listed, that would be a straight connect job too correct? No splicing. I have read elsewhere that there may be splicing involved-especially if you have the cab lights (and I do) Any help would be great, I am trying to stay with a direct plug and play set up so the dealer doesnt have any reason to void the warranty.

Thanks,

Ryan

Old 11-29-2006, 09:28 PM
modelaford

Ryan,

I've not been able to find the part number for the harness with the clearance light wiring in it. The part number I had was without, BUT... what I did was to leave the portion of the old harness in there that carries the clearance lights (you'll see it is a different, smaller connector), and removed the mirror wiring from it. So the old harness is still there, but only populated with the clearance lights. Just let the new one carry everything else.

One more thing you need to keep in mind, the Jet harness is for the LX cars, and needs to be modified to work with the RAM. Not hard, but it is different. I just built my own, as it was cheaper, and part of the fun. Contact me by e-mail and we can discuss.

Paul

Old 09-18-2008, 09:29 PM
etchy

I have a 2008 3500 with the 6 disc,mp3,satellite navigation that talks.can i buy the upgrade mirror that has the phone on button and wire harness.the dealer version i dont like.it only plays through one add on speaker instead of the whole sterio.i've been told that my system already has everthing that comes in the dealer kit but the mirror and wirer harness,please help.the factory is what i want.a friend has one and its 3 time better then the dealer uconnect.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:22 PM
ctd6
Default Same problem

Triton:

I am having the exact same experience you had with the factory instructions not clearly explaining how or which wire is connected to the cig lighter wire. Did you ever get yours working properly and if so, what was the right wire(s) to cut and connect? Thanks.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:13 PM
TrentB

I have a 2009 Ram 1500 and want to know where I can get the Factory Kit for the Uconnect system. I have been looking online and most are the Aftermarket version from Mopar and have heard mixed reviews on the forum about that version. Thanks for any help in advance!

Quick Reply: factory uconnect install question >>>>