Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Dodge El Camino?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 02:37 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hemi4109
Instead of a one-off, take the 1500 ram and offer a factory 4/6" drop, with a lightweight bed, and a few other heavy steel things taken out. I'm sure a few parts can be replaced with lighter duty items and reduce the GVWR/Payload numbers to suit. It would be a relatively cheap way for Dodge to come out with something different and might appeal to people who don't really want a full truck and opt for suv's and Avalanches etc. With 500-1000# less, much better aerodynamics, highway gears and tires, you're probably looking at decent mpg also.
Or you could just get a Pentastar or EcoDiesel model if fuel mileage is what you want. There are reasons why people get compact/midsized trucks other than fuel economy. They get them because they are smaller and can fit in their drive way. They get them because they are easier to get around in. They get them because they are still capable but more livable. If Dodge (I'm not calling it Ram it is still a stupid move) wants to offer a Stampede/Xtreme package for the Ram, they can but it isn't going to replace the Dakota. A truck based off of the Grand Cherokee or Wrangler should be considered.

Old 11-09-2013, 09:33 AM
hemi4109
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think this thread was about mileage or compacts but rather a truck like thing that compared to the Camino. I can't see what the original post was referring to but the ones I remember were pretty big.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:05 AM
LorenaHornbeck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the two major issues to catch up here in the threads one is Dakota (abandoned) and the other is mileage (how to raise is in discussion)

Quick Reply: Dodge El Camino?