Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

New Dodge based on Fiat 500?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 02:01 PM
marlsrsoftball
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Calibar Replacement

Just looking at the Calibar replacement. Boy is that ugly. I really liked my Calibar when I had one but I wouldn't buy one of these.

Old 12-17-2011, 01:46 AM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitecop
I am fine with the mother company selling fiats here. However do not dilute the american vehicles we have now.
If its a Dodge it should be built and designed in north america.
Please no more badge engineering. That was done enough long ago.
And it was irritating. The case with the LX cars, the only thing that in my opinion they have on the LH is the handling, beyond that the Mercedes platform does not impress me. It's much smaller and heavier, it has an enormous turning radius making it hard to park, I like styling of the Challenger and the 2nd gen Charger on par with my Intrepid, but the 300 is too boxy and dated looking, the Concordes, LHSs, & Vision/300M to me are timeless designs. I haven't had a chance to spend much time in the 2nd gen LXs, but the first gen lacks the one with the car feeling that the LH cars have to them when you drive them.

My fear is it will be a repeat of the Avenger/Sebring (I will not name it by its new name) mistake. The JR platform cars had more trunk space, the cabin did not feel so tiny, and maybe I'm wrong, but the JR's didn't have near the body roll that the Lancer based replacements have. Chrysler does best when Chrysler is Chrysler.

Quick Reply: New Dodge based on Fiat 500?