Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Charger Blacktop: Is Murdered Out Played Out?

Old 01-06-2012, 07:11 PM
DodgeForum Editor
DF Editor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charger Blacktop: Is Murdered Out Played Out?

We're not sure...

https://dodgeforum.com/articles/2012...op-to-ces.html

Old 01-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Jaded
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

black on black with dr. dre beats audio. Sounds like this is marketed towards the hip-hop crowd. They should have went all out with air Jordan foot pedal package.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:27 AM
marcsnyder05
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All it is is a night runner edition with a fancy stereo in a dodge sedan. (I refuse to call it a charger because its a sedan and a disgrace to the charger name) And I agree with jaded on the air jordans

Old 01-16-2012, 10:49 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

The Charger was a 2 door Sport Monaco/Polara. It was built on a sedan platform. Sure they should have called the new sedan a Coronet or Monaco, but they didn't. Good God! It's been around since 2005(as a 2006 model). Time to move on already. It beats the hell out of the 80's 4 cyl Chargers. I liked those little cars, but love the new Charger. Anyway, I like it, but since I hate loud bass-call it Tejano/rap fatigue-I wouldn't buy it or want to see one around my neighborhood. Pretty much every one of these will be seen cruising inner cities at 10 mph with smoke trailing out the rear windows. I think it should have been called Midnight Special in honor of the 1800's coal-fired train engines it will look like everywhere it goes. You will see these Chargers on Cops and other real cop shows with handcuffed passengers leaning up against them as they get frisked and bundles of dope being pulled out of the trunk and from under the seats.

Old 01-17-2012, 12:54 PM
popdog
Veteran

lol i see prejudice is alive and well in the south! I think the black-out for the model is tastefully done. The beats audio would be swiftly ripped out however, and replaced with some real quality audio components.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:45 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

I kinda think more than blacks like the thug/hip hop style this car is aiming for. Hell, I'm as white as flour and I STILL own an original pair of Air Jordans. Jaded did not mention race and was merely joking about the hip hop set-I gues Vanilla Ice, Beastie Boys and Marshall (the bitch) Mathers don't count. (He shrugs and walks away wondering why everyone can't wait to throw the damn race card...)

Old 01-17-2012, 07:14 PM
popdog
Veteran

I think the only thing that really pushed this towards any sort of thug-style is the crappy audio system. That's worse than using bose.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Charger Blacktop: Is Murdered Out Played Out?